New Modifiers. Sickness duration.

Disease time length. Being able to set if dupes heal, how long (%) over/under standard or never. thus needing medication to be cured.

Would you use this? Personally I'd love no passive sickness cure as an option.

Dangerous gases/liquids.

If things like chlorine gas hurt dupes.

Home world settings/ story traits.

Basically if you want random poi's on the starting world. NOT DISABLED. Just spawned on other planets so you have reasons to explore an maybe use other worlds for certain tasks.

I like the teleporter but maybe I don't want it on the starting planet.

Maybe the critter morpher is my farming/zoo asteroid. 

The disease changes would glady accept since hospitals aren't needed since they can just simply walk it off.

Dangerous gases/liquids? Ehhh your wearing atmo suits in harmful environments anyway so it's not gonna change anything. There's the debuff "irritated eyes" can make that last much longer or more harmful and add eye drops to the list of medications that can be made. 

I find it disheartening that the modding community is not willing to invest the time in these kinds of overhauls, and i don't have the kind of money to commission one. All of what you imagine can be in a mod.

2 hours ago, SGT_Imalas said:

that comment explicitly said "no mods in that area", I was referring to that

Oh, ha.

My bad.

Workshop is the only reason I'll even try small publisher title's. 

The old germ system was a good starter Point I thought.

You just need some type of phases or natural progression/risk. 

5 hours ago, melquiades said:

Those don't feel like overhauls for me.

Diseases restored + expanded does quite a bit to alter your progression/way you handle germs, as those can easily disrupt/destroy your colony (again).

you might want to try Ronivans Chemical Processing mod, Bummins Baator or my Rocketry Expanded mod.

Chemical Processing widely overhauls a lot of the midgame/endgame industry progression, Baator forces you to rethink the whole Exploration aspect and RE massively fixes+expands the spaced out rocketry sytems (with space stations coming in a future update).

Akis Beached mod will also pretty much be a full game progression overhaul once it releases, but that wont be that soon, it has a massive scope

7 hours ago, melquiades said:

I might just be spoiled by the insane Rimworld mod community. Those don't feel like overhauls for me.

I can't speak for disease expanded, but diseases restored absolutely radically changes how you approach much of the game, you have to note that it also introduces frostbite which in of itself instantly makes several biomes, including most asteroid's surfaces, hostile. Just because it doesn't add all that many buildings, doesn't mean it doesn't significantly change the game's progression.

9 hours ago, SGT_Imalas said:

Diseases restored + expanded does quite a bit to alter your progression/way you handle germs, as those can easily disrupt/destroy your colony (again).

you might want to try Ronivans Chemical Processing mod, Bummins Baator or my Rocketry Expanded mod.

Chemical Processing widely overhauls a lot of the midgame/endgame industry progression, Baator forces you to rethink the whole Exploration aspect and RE massively fixes+expands the spaced out rocketry sytems (with space stations coming in a future update).

Akis Beached mod will also pretty much be a full game progression overhaul once it releases, but that wont be that soon, it has a massive scope

Exploration mods would be fun. More POIs, maybe a "out of map" Exploration. 

Always wanted a mod that lets you go around collecting unique decore items. uses for the lockers/vending machines. Computer desks that give research bonuses in a lab. Oni feels like it has soooo much untouched potential. The new game has alot of what I wish oni had.

5 hours ago, cyberwarlord said:

Exploration mods would be fun. More POIs, maybe a "out of map" Exploration. 

Always wanted a mod that lets you go around collecting unique decore items. uses for the lockers/vending machines. Computer desks that give research bonuses in a lab. Oni feels like it has soooo much untouched potential.

Sounds good. And I agree. ONI is full of "untouched potential." But all this requires Klei's will to do something about it.

5 hours ago, cyberwarlord said:

The new game has alot of what I wish oni had.

Which new game? Mind over Magic?

From the ones you mentioned, the diseases one, is the one that resembles an overhaul the most, but it is content that the game already had or has (though now is utterly nerfed and irrelevant), it doesn't feel like anything new for me.

10 hours ago, cyberwarlord said:

RE massively fixes+expands the spaced out rocketry sytems (with space stations coming in a future update).

This is the one i have played and enjoyed, but more than an overhaul, it is a QoL improvement for me, not having to babysit resources collection was a blessing, like one could in the base game without the DLC. Thank you for spending your time on it!

Anyway, as i said, i am just spoiled by Rimworld, in which you see Psychic Users, Magic, Mutants, Zombies, Medieval Ages, Worlwide Diplomacy or changing the whole combat mechanics, you can now be a resort tycoon! etc. some dude even made a Mars colony simulator when still in alpha, the madman, ONE GUY WANTED TO MAKE THE GAME MULTI-THREADED (he obviously failed at it though, but it was a nice try) and added by "just" modders (modders like Pardeike who made Harmony to mod Rimworld more easily!).

That is why i said it that at the start, this game Is just considerably harder to mod, and is abysmally less popular, thus is unlikely we will play a mod that feels like you are playing another game completely.

6 hours ago, Henlikuoth said:

Sounds good. And I agree. ONI is full of "untouched potential." But all this requires Klei's will to do something about it.

Which new game? Mind over Magic?

Klei, please let me use all the decorations and assets in oni. I need RP buildings, in game progression rewards. I want to rebuild the lore in game.

An water features please.

Few more room types maybe...

Yes, mind over magic is looking good. I enjoy building with some RP and most the decore/stations fit really well. . So having lots of useful decorations is a huge +in my book.

Hope they add some type of combination magic in combat. And special classes after tier 3

( IE. Dark mage/necromancer)

But for the OP

I'd also like a few finishing touches on the current germs/disease and hospitals. Sickness progression tied in with dupes immune stats.

Archived