A small QOL suggestion for the rifts

I have been thoroughly enjoying the additions that came with the new rift content, especially the stuff added in Host of Horrors. However, a problem that has existed ever since the lunar rifts were first added was made even more apparent with the addition of the lunar mutations, that being the fact that it's pretty damn hard to figure out if rifts are currently active or not.

The rift icons only appear on the map once they have reached their final stage, which means that if you plan on fighting the lunar bosses (which only appear while the lunar rift is active) and the rift has not yet reached it's third stage, your options are either waiting until it fully matures so that it's icon appears on the map, or scouting the entire island to see if it has spawned. 

I think a good way to fix this would be adding a new craft to the brightsmithy and the shadowcraft plinth, each of them allowing you to upgrade the rain-o-meter to make it display the current phase of the lunar and shadow rifts respectively.

2 minutes ago, Tortoise Guy said:

I have been thoroughly enjoying the additions that came with the new rift content, especially the stuff added in Host of Horrors. However, a problem that has existed ever since the lunar rifts were first added was made even more apparent with the addition of the lunar mutations, that being the fact that it's pretty damn hard to figure out if rifts are currently active or not.

The rift icons only appear on the map once they have reached their final stage, which means that if you plan on fighting the lunar bosses (which only appear while the lunar rift is active) and the rift has not yet reached it's third stage, your options are either waiting until it fully matures so that it's icon appears on the map, or scouting the entire island to see if it has spawned. 

I think a good way to fix this would be adding a new craft to the brightsmithy and the shadowcraft plinth, each of them allowing you to upgrade the rain-o-meter to make it display the current phase of the lunar and shadow rifts respectively.

3 reactions in one minute. Make this 30 reactions in 10 minutes because i am suprised Klei has still not invented some sort of riff compass tracker thing.

(Also shouldnt be a rain o meter upgrade, it would be better if it were a device which also pointed in the directon of a riff if one was active)

30 minutes ago, Jakepeng99 said:

3 reactions in one minute. Make this 30 reactions in 10 minutes because i am suprised Klei has still not invented some sort of riff compass tracker thing.

(Also shouldnt be a rain o meter upgrade, it would be better if it were a device which also pointed in the directon of a riff if one was active)

Should the Astral Detector make a come back with the rifts ? Like, it glows with a "broken" arrow on the ground when a rift is active.

Just now, JustAFlower said:

Should the Astral Detector make a come back with the rifts ? Like, it glows with a "broken" arrow on the ground when a rift is here.

Maybe, i was thinking it would point the direction of it using a magnet thing. The stronger the riff, the stronger the pull which makes the magnet shake more.

Archived