New plant type that grows from electricity.

Provides a charged fruit. 

Possible medical component under right conditions.

Creates a new biome hazard.

!CAUTION! Handle with care. Not responsible for dupe related injury or death.

Edit:This is why I want new electricity physics. I imagine it would fire off visual bolts like a tesla coil when ready to harvest.  Obviously not safe to touch directly. Needs a specific type of atmo suit, plastic. 

Maybe the bitumen mod could be used to make rubber from oil refinery. 

Plant produce could potentially be used to make some type of battery/recharge station for rovers.

Maybe it reacts poorly with hydrogen environment. 

ElectricalTree1.jpg

4 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

A plant that needs a power cord attached? Interesting. What would it produce though? How about making it a hanging plant? This way a plug slug could connect to it directly.

This is why I want new electricity physics.  Originally I was thinking of a water based plant that would produce a discharge occasionally. Like a tesla coil.  I like the idea of plug slugs directly attaching themselves. Some type of symbiosis maybe? 

Thanks for all the positive responses. Great having someone that will toss around an idea without downing it. Good or bad.. always a new outlook. Thanks mate .

Since there are animals related to electricity, I think it would be good to have plants.

I think it's more interesting that the fruits obtained from electric plants are not food.

For example, it would be great if fruits contain electricity and could charge rovers (and biobots?) that normally can't be recharged. The idea is that the fruit is a "special battery containing organic matter."

On 11/16/2023 at 3:29 AM, sorafis said:

Since there are animals related to electricity, I think it would be good to have plants.

I think it's more interesting that the fruits obtained from electric plants are not food.

For example, it would be great if fruits contain electricity and could charge rovers (and biobots?) that normally can't be recharged. The idea is that the fruit is a "special battery containing organic matter."

100%. Agree.

I'd like to see it used in refinement. And have its own practical application. Battery's that spoil would be perfect. Having rechargeable rovers that need "food".

Archived