Brightshade gestalts should possess the player in specific circumstances as a mini mob/boss

I think it would be pretty cool if that took place. The thing is, the bubble is burst for me and anyone who reads this, but the lions share of players, I would wager don't browse here.

Say if a new mob, let's call it *grazer X*, if we were killed by grazer X, grazer X would possess us, we'll still be able to become a ghost and revive, but we're left with the task of facing our Grazer X mob kitted out with all our armor and weapons as an option. 

yes, perhaps a meta would emerge that a player could simply get killed without armor or a weapon, so some balance would need to be adjusted there, but even then, I already have some ideas. 

Make a solid reward system for killing grazer X's, and perhaps a bonus for killing our doppelgangers. It could perhaps scale with the armor and weapons that were equipped at the time of possession.

I think that it's something that could certainly work and it would REALLY surprise players who don't know about it.
What's a new update without some shocking surprises? Discuss.

1 hour ago, chirsg said:

I think that it's something that could certainly work and it would REALLY surprise players who don't know about it.
What's a new update without some shocking surprises? Discuss.

This kind of jumpscare mechanic gets really stale because well, the entire game is just things kill you because you have 0 knowledge about it, and they become easy to deal with once you've learned about it, no skill required type of easy.

I guess it's "rogue like perma death" element of the game? Pretty boring though.

As cool as this could be, I doubt it will happen simply because of the existence, or lack there of of Brightmare Alteregos which had their art dug up just like a lot of other unimplemented / scrapped features from the DS Newhome files, even if your idea and the Alteregos themselves would probably serve different purposes if they were implemented.

Archived