Weird behavior of ONI

I suddenly got an issue with ONI and i'm not sure if it's a bug or something else. 
i have a save game with 448 cycles. Last week the when i start the save the game is insanly laggy. Like every 2 seconds it freezes for half a second, also the dupes move very slow. 

But here is the kicker, when i for example start windows task manager that comes infront of the game i can see that ONI starts working perfect again. Dupes are running on the correct speed. 
So next i tried not playing in full screen and the game works perfect again. 

Then when i double click the bar of the ONI screen to size it up to "semi"  full screen the game starts freezes again.

it doesn;t matter if mods are on of off, also a new game of other save game has the same behavior.

On 10/30/2023 at 4:20 AM, Broekzak said:

I suddenly got an issue with ONI and i'm not sure if it's a bug or something else. 
i have a save game with 448 cycles. Last week the when i start the save the game is insanly laggy. Like every 2 seconds it freezes for half a second, also the dupes move very slow. 

But here is the kicker, when i for example start windows task manager that comes infront of the game i can see that ONI starts working perfect again. Dupes are running on the correct speed. 
So next i tried not playing in full screen and the game works perfect again. 

Then when i double click the bar of the ONI screen to size it up to "semi"  full screen the game starts freezes again.

it doesn;t matter if mods are on of off, also a new game of other save game has the same behavior.

I had this problem once, it was steam showing an advertisement in an independently opened window - every time an advert changed, it would lag the game. I doubt that's your problem here though.

Archived