Crystal Deerclops's frenzy mode

2 hours ago, Fufuji said:

I have a video here utilizing her new mechanics. However this strategy is very dangerous and not recommended at any case.

Looks cool

Also how come nobody is using the void armour set? It does much better against lunar enemies, reaching damage in the 90s.

3 minutes ago, Jakepeng99 said:

Looks cool

Also how come nobody is using the void armour set? It does much better against lunar enemies, reaching damage in the 90s.

using Shadow Reaper and Void Cowl will instantly end the battle

1 hour ago, Jakepeng99 said:

It does much better against lunar enemies, reaching damage in the 90s.

it only reaches the 90 damage threshold when attacking non-planar lunar mobs or if you're wolfgang/wanda

otherwise it does about the same damage as the brightshade set against planar enemies

26 minutes ago, lenship2 said:

it only reaches the 90 damage threshold when attacking non-planar lunar mobs or if you're wolfgang/wanda

otherwise it does about the same damage as the brightshade set against planar enemies

It has the damage ramping though. 

Also i was dealing 90 damage as Wilson with the shadow alignment.

1 hour ago, Jakepeng99 said:

It has the damage ramping though. 

Also i was dealing 90 damage as Wilson with the shadow alignment.

without alignments the ramping should only reach 70 damage on lunar planar enemies (again though, with lunar enemies that don't have planar any character can reach 93 max damage)

37 minutes ago, lenship2 said:

without alignments the ramping should only reach 70 damage on lunar planar enemies (again though, with lunar enemies that don't have planar any character can reach 93 max damage)

They probably secret buffed it then since i was doing 90 damage as the shadow aligned wilson.

20 minutes ago, cybers2001 said:

Shadow reaper damage is less consistent, since it has to ramp up and falls off quickly if you're dodging attacks.

Plus if you're wearing the void armor, you get less resistance (void is best against shadow-aligned).

I tried it, most the time i was getting max charge hits. 

23 minutes ago, Jakepeng99 said:

They probably secret buffed it then since i was doing 90 damage as the shadow aligned wilson.

so i tested this (in the beta branch), just for you <3 

with willow:

Spoiler

against normal/shadow enemies, it does max 88 damage as expected

against lunar enemies, it does max 97 damage

against planar normal/shadow enemies it does max 75 damage 

against planar lunar enemies it does max 82 damage

with shadow aligned wilson:

Spoiler

against normal/shadow enemies, it does max 88 damage

against lunar enemies, it does max 107 damage

against planar normal/shadow enemies it does 75 damage

against planar lunar enemies, it does max 90 damage :>

so in conclusion, you're right, but i was referring to every character that isn't wilson/woodie

7 hours ago, Jakepeng99 said:

Shadow reaper has not been buffed, damage calcs are just wacky (always have been).

I made an excel sheet for shadow reaper damage values several updates back and they still match the values in lenship2's post.
(Note: 2-aligned means getting the alignment bonus from both character and shadow reaper)
(Example: Wilson w/shadow reaper vs. lunar entity counts as vs. planar 2-aligned. Willow w/shadow reaper vs. lunar entity counts as vs. planar aligned)

image.thumb.png.6411789d164675101771ae8bbf5c8356.png

14 hours ago, lenship2 said:

so i tested this (in the beta branch), just for you <3 

with willow:

Hide contents

against normal/shadow enemies, it does max 88 damage as expected

against lunar enemies, it does max 97 damage

against planar normal/shadow enemies it does max 75 damage 

against planar lunar enemies it does max 82 damage

with shadow aligned wilson:

Reveal hidden contents

against normal/shadow enemies, it does max 88 damage

against lunar enemies, it does max 107 damage

against planar normal/shadow enemies it does 75 damage

against planar lunar enemies, it does max 90 damage :>

so in conclusion, you're right, but i was referring to every character that isn't wilson/woodie

That is nice

Also there was a secret nerf i saw everyone skip past in a hotfix awhile ago which made the reaper damage ramp stop when you take damage. :(

3 hours ago, Jakepeng99 said:

Also there was a secret nerf i saw everyone skip past in a hotfix awhile ago which made the reaper damage ramp stop when you take damage. :(

This has always been the case since the weapon released on June 1st (I have a separate post saying as much), unless you're referring to this bug which was effectively an infinite damage exploit that was patched in the first hotfix after shadow rifts released.

5 hours ago, Jakepeng99 said:

when the void reaper initially was added during the terrors below beta, there was a bug in the code that prevented getting hit cancelling the ramping damage

it was always intended, but it just took a few weeks to actually implement correctly

On 10/15/2023 at 4:29 PM, lenship2 said:

when the void reaper initially was added during the terrors below beta, there was a bug in the code that prevented getting hit cancelling the ramping damage

it was always intended, but it just took a few weeks to actually implement correctly

Even before that i saw alot of peolle say it is worse than brightshade.

Archived