Some compact or/and multipurpose facility/room designs.

I am on my first “playtrough” and I got some facility/room designs. I'm curious what you guy think about them.

1. Compact 7 Comfy bed bedrooms with 120+ decor.

Room size exactly 64 tiles for 7 beds which is 9,57 tiles/bed instead of 12, the minimum, also less tiles for room separation walls and doors. Metal Block for the 8 block radius decor coverage, Carpeted Tiles for the Tickled Tootsies effect. The decor is a little overkill but at least you can cross any ugly thing trough the bedrooms without major decor level loss. The rooms are vertically crossable. Also  can be repeated up and downward if you switch the higher Metal Blocks with some two high decor item.

BR1.bmp BR2 ROOM.bmp BR3 DECOR.bmp BR4 INFLUENCE.bmp

2. Wild farm with Grubgrub tending as Natural reserve with Auto sweepers

Every time when dupes enter the area to harvest, they gets the morale bonus for the natural reserve. Because the conveyor loaders are industrial machinery they would negate the natural reserve so to prevent this they are hidden behind open doors and the sweepers still can load them.
Also with help of some tiles and open doors the areas are vertically accessible for the critters.

image.thumb.png.ca8b6e269f9838900d1319bd0f512bef.png

image.thumb.png.12f1c85f1c4eaf734ed287dab10922d5.png

image.thumb.png.0a7404dd5b56b6cb6444c5991761e417.png

image.thumb.png.688c5728067730ce9e0df23db31c4521.png

6 hours ago, Le Wins said:

2. Wild farm with Grubgrub tending as Natural reserve with Auto sweepers

Every time when dupes enter the area to harvest, they gets the morale bonus for the natural reserve. Because the conveyor loaders are industrial machinery they would negate the natural reserve so to prevent this they are hidden behind open doors and the sweepers still can load them.

Conveyor Loaders are NOT industrial machinery anymore due to Oct 2023 QoL Update.

8 hours ago, DolphinWing said:

Conveyor Loaders are NOT industrial machinery anymore due to Oct 2023 QoL Update.

Hmm… I didn’t notice the change since I made these farms. Thanks for the info.

14 hours ago, Henlikuoth said:

However, seems to me like an exploit of various game mechanics.

Yes, I agree. It is more like an exploit.
BTW I just found a 6 bed setup on reddit.
It is less compact, has less décor level but slightly better/faster vertical accessibility.

Archived