A little suggestion about koalefants.

The new way to track koalefants is really funny but i have a little suggestion.

Klei has been making new ways to farm food for a long time now but there are still some old systems that need some work so i wanted to discuss some of them. For example the way you need to move a voalt goat heard is really annoying but i know they are gonna fix this duing the year of the goat or how the tallbirds even after the new recipe are still hard to ranch for blue eggs.

I like to ranch animals for my survival like beefs, goats or tallbirds, but the koalefants are different cause they don't produce offspring so i feel like caging koalefants is like caging rabbits, food that doesnt renew itself so i want to propose something. What if koalefants have the ability to produce offspring but only 2 babies per couple, 50/50 chances of being a male or a female, and there needs to be a female and a male together in a pen for this to happen, the male can be the pink-normal version of the koalefant and the blue-winter version can be the female, with this you need to catch the two versions in order to reproduce koalefants so you can only start this ranch if you reach winter first, of course there should ber a limit of the number of koalfants per x amount of tiles.

I think this could be a great way to mass farm meat for mid-late game and since you still need to hunt ewcus for the wool and the lunar varg for the new stuff, hunting animals is still a must task even if you already made a koalefant ranch. But what do you think? I always enjoy new ways farm animals in this game. 

Just now, NekoSoulx said:

The new way to track koalefants is really funny but i have a little suggestion.

Klei has been making new ways to farm food for a long time now but there are still some old systems that need some work so i wanted to discuss some of them. For example the way you need to move a voalt goat heard is really annoying but i know they are gonna fix this duing the year of the goat or how the tallbirds even after the new recipe are still hard to ranch for blue eggs.

I like to ranch animals for my survival like beefs, goats or tallbirds, but the koalefants are different cause they don't produce offspring so i feel like caging koalefants is like caging rabbits, food that doesnt renew itself so i want to propose something. What if koalefants have the ability to produce offspring but only 2 babies per couple, 50/50 chances of being a male or a female, and there needs to be a female and a male together in a pen for this to happen, the male can be the pink-normal version of the koalefant and the blue-winter version can be the female, with this you need to catch the two versions in order to reproduce koalefants so you can only start this ranch if you reach winter first, of course there should ber a limit of the number of koalfants per x amount of tiles.

I think this could be a great way to mass farm meat for mid-late game and since you still need to hunt ewcus for the wool and the lunar varg for the new stuff, hunting animals is still a must task even if you already made a koalefant ranch. But what do you think? I always enjoy new ways farm animals in this game. 

Do koalas really need to be farmable? They give such a ridiculous amount of food (2.6 days worth of meat, 1 extra day from the trunk AND 40 health, not even mentioning crockpot recipes). I think they're fine as a nice food bonus you occasionally find.

Archived