When will we be able to buy X or Y in supply closet?

Not only do I desperately wish for all the nifty looking things in there, but I also would love to continue to support the video game I have 12 thousand hours in and counting. Should we expect some form of purchasable pack of items soon? or are we still divvying out the common stuff.

Said it before. I wouldn't mind an "unlock everything for all time" one time payment.
Not the soul-sucking microtranscations route. Just like $10 or $20 or whatever and everything already released and everything yet to be released is simply unlocked.

1 hour ago, blakemw said:

Said it before. I wouldn't mind an "unlock everything for all time" one time payment.
Not the soul-sucking microtranscations route. Just like $10 or $20 or whatever and everything already released and everything yet to be released is simply unlocked.

That would be nice, as long as there would be option to overpay for everything. I'd like to pay unreasonable amounts, please...

1 hour ago, blakemw said:

You cannot sustain continuous development with that, especially not over the years.

I believe you will be able to purchase a certain amount of Klei points for money, which you can then convert into filament.

And since Klei will most likely continue adding skins, you can continue purchasing them.

That would be okay for me as long as the development of ONI is secured permanently. 

41 minutes ago, Fistleaf said:

If you have so much spare cash, why not donate to charity instead of to a profit-making organisation?

It's not like I have heaps of money and my biggest issue is what to do with all of it. So if you recive an email from a prince trying to share his fortune - it's not me.

But in a case of ONI - I want this game to thrive and continue getting quality updates. I am aware that dev time costs money and if ONI won't bring additional income, the company will be forced to slow down with updates. So, if you asked me if wallpaper skin is worth 2$ - I would say it isn't, but I would buy one from time to time just to support the game. Yes, I know I can get them for free each week. 

1 hour ago, pether said:

That would be nice, as long as there would be option to overpay for everything. I'd like to pay unreasonable amounts, please...

Yes, I don't mean to preclude the possibility of other transactions.

So what I'd like is the ability to pay a one-off sum to get all the free content unlocked.

They can still release other cosmetics, where there is no allusion to getting value for money but serve simply so a player can express their devotion to the game and its developers. Stuff like Golden Lavatory for $10, Klei Suit for $20, that sort of thing.

The game lacked cosmetic items to begin with. Most of it should have been in the base game initially. Making people pay twice for something is crazy and I still don't understand how this is seen as a good idea.

Oblivion an your horse armor for 3.99$. 

Voting no on unethical micro transactions. Yes for giving the people what they already paid for.

11 hours ago, blakemw said:

Yes, I don't mean to preclude the possibility of other transactions.

So what I'd like is the ability to pay a one-off sum to get all the free content unlocked.

They can still release other cosmetics, where there is no allusion to getting value for money but serve simply so a player can express their devotion to the game and its developers. Stuff like Golden Lavatory for $10, Klei Suit for $20, that sort of thing.

1 hour ago, cyberwarlord said:

The game lacked cosmetic items to begin with. Most of it should have been in the base game initially. Making people pay twice for something is crazy and I still don't understand how this is seen as a good idea.

Oblivion an your horse armor for 3.99$. 

Voting no on unethical micro transactions. Yes for giving the people what they already paid for.

Klei needs to continue earning money with ONI. Otherwise, they cannot improve the game further.

I have nothing against microtransactions, as long as they are reasonable. 

3 hours ago, Henlikuoth said:

Klei needs to continue earning money with ONI. Otherwise, they cannot improve the game further.

I have nothing against microtransactions, as long as they are reasonable. 

Try merchandise. I want a kuddle pip plush!

Dlc content.

Giving me what still at times feels like an incomplete game just so you can sell me assets is something I'll never accept.  Or payed loot boxes/ in game premium currency.  It's just gambling with more steps.

Take minecraft as an example.  Wildly successful and still handing out free updates. Not that every game could be that, just a prime example. 

I personally would love to have a Glossy Drecko plush with my Puft plush.

Game companies have different strategies when it comes to monetizing their games. Klei has explained in their roadmaps to focus on content updates rather than DLCs.

I guess the easiest way to ask the developers to follow what you want is to buy them out.

Honestly, guys, if you want Klei to improve and expand ONI permanently, you must be willing to pay sometimes.

As I said, it is okay for me to pay smaller (reasonable) amounts for filament. As long as Klei continually enhances ONI, I am happy. 

A patch should come every two to three months, including more skins. If the money amounts are smaller, more people will purchase the Klei points, which will add up favorably for Klei. 

I am mainly waiting for critter and plant skins, both food and decor plants. 

8 hours ago, cyberwarlord said:

Sometimes people literally want to give developers more money. So some respectable games offer some very low price to value ratio additions with no or minimal gameplay value, sometimes in the form of Deluxe Edition on Steam.

Microtransactions are awful. Like in Plants vs Zombies 2, each plant might be $5, $10, or $20. A whale could easily drop $500 on minor upgrades, a week. One of the things about predatory microtransactions is they aren't, micro. In any popular mobile game a single shitty IAP could cost as much as the entire game of ONI.

Anyway, games which I've bought for a great price and then sunk hundreds or thousands of hours into, I'm willing to buy dumb extras. Like I happened to really enjoy playing Dungeons 3, so I bought every single DLC. Not because I really thought the DLCs would provide value for money - though tbh they probably did for me -, but because I felt like I hadn't paid enough for the enjoyment I'd gained from the base game, so I ended up spending something like $60.

I feel it's completely acceptable to add enough extra paid content to bring up the overall cost to that of a AAA title. Like ONI is what, $25? And Spaced Out is what, $12? Adding $30 of nearly zero value content would allow loyalists to pay a reasonable amount and I feel would be perfectly ethical.

10 hours ago, cyberwarlord said:

I'm totally with you on this. Aggresive pay-to-wins are a big no-no. Paying thousands just to create one character in Diablo Immoral is just sick.

Luckily ONI has totally different approach.

The skins are purly cosmetic, you don't get more content, you just make it prettier for yourself. You can totally skip it and your game will play just the same, you just won't have wallpapers in your room.

The skins are handed for free just for playing. Now you can also recycle skins to get another one you want. Sure, unlocking EVERYTHING seems impossible at current rate of adding new stuff, but you don't need everything, you just need the skins you want.

In such model, I see nothing unethical if klei added button "Buy this skin for real money instead of waiting a week to get it for free or crafting it". It doesn't force you to pay, you can still get what you want for free, and if you want to support the game you can throw some coins for the devs every now and then - and many players ask for such option for quite a long time now.

Sure DLC model would look more honest and you would have a feeling you pay for real content, not just useless skins, but we are getting real content for free, so that's nice, and Klei already reasoned why they don't want to do more DLCs - tldr designing the game taking into account every possible DLC configuration is a hell. As a modder I can confirm - supporting 2 mod versions (Vanilla + DLC) is really messy, I often just ignore vanilla not to double my work. If I had 4 confifurations to support (that would happen with DLC2 released) I would probably just stop modding, that would me much easier than following the mess. 8 configurations (3rd DLC released) would probably kill Klei itself and nothing would be stable in ONI anymore. In ONI all systems are entwined and entangled, you can't just add one system and be asured nothing changes elsewhere. It's not some RPG, where you can release new Necromancer DLC and you are sure his skills doesn't affect Warrior playstyle (aside of pvp ofc)

Archived