Hi guys.

I just played a game on what is, by far, the worst seed I ever rolled(vanilla), and I thought I'd share it with you!

SNDST-A-1587015685-GS-33

This prime real estate location is home of not 1, not 2, not 3 but ZERO volcanos!

Here's a breakdown of the available geysers in case some of you would enjoy the challenge.

4x Natural Gas
3x Cool Steam vent
2x Steam vent
2x Hydrogen vent
2x Salt Water geyser
1x Hot Polluted Oxygen
1x Infectious polluted oxygen
1x Polluted Water vent
1x Carbon Dioxide geyser

I think I never had less than 1 metallic volcano and less than 1 volcano (minor or otherwise). That place won't be running out of oxygen though.

There's something like a 10% chance of no metal volcanoes. It's unlikely but not lottery odds.

Unless perhaps the world is metal poor metal scarcity is rarely going to be an issue mainly because there's usually a bazillion tons of lead.

IMO the worst seeds are actually those which are extremely dry or have very few oil wells. One of the worst seeds I found "in the wild" (without using a seed browser) was a map with Magma Channels, where magma had overridden the entirety of the oil biome except a single pocket of oil biome with a single oil well tucked away in the bottom-right corner under about a screenful of magma channel. I had to "dig" very deep through the magma channel to discover this oil well.

It is possible to find seeds with zero water vents/geysers or zero oil wells. It usually seems to be the work of Magma Channels or more rarely subsurface ocean overwriting them.

Archived