Phase shift planet. Moving poi.

1: Phase Shift planet.

The challenge, you can only travel too or from it during the time it's showing on the star map.

2: A moving planet. One that you have to leave before it exits the star map. A sort of random biome that has to be farmed by hand. Would spawn in new each time with different biome.

Should offer a whole new challenge.

my problem is just that such an idea is inherently going to be very manual, which is sadly not something one tends to want in ONI unless there is some higher form of automation that can be reached at a later point. It always sounds fun to have some form of meteor field that can be visited rather than one akin to the space POIs, maybe come back to that after jet suits are heavily optimized.

On 10/7/2023 at 6:28 PM, Primalflower said:

my problem is just that such an idea is inherently going to be very manual, which is sadly not something one tends to want in ONI unless there is some higher form of automation that can be reached at a later point. It always sounds fun to have some form of meteor field that can be visited rather than one akin to the space POIs, maybe come back to that after jet suits are heavily optimized.

It's not supposed to be automatic. I'd design it as a hands on excursions. By end game the early game feeling can quickly be lost in automation.

With this it feels like a quick hands on adventure. Similar to early game. But with a time crunch.

The phasing planet would be far more forgiving by allowing you to get back again eventually. 

And the random moving planets are like a challenge mode with early game hands on rushing feel. You need to land and grab/research as much as you can before the planet leaves the map, once it does it respawns something new next time.

Archived