My thoughts on the beta so far

Cool stuff that i won't be able to access because i wont enable the lunar rifts because brightshades massively nerf Warly. (The Portable Bearger Bin, so close, yet so far...) Furniture is great, im all for an infinite plant tender system you can set up early game, im sure you'll add new tracks as skins later on, which i will then happily buy while still using only one of them.
Im a fan of the furniture stuff, mostly the grammophone and lamp.
Havent checked out everything yet, but it looks like a cool update that as stated before cannot be accessed because the brightshades literally only affect Warly and is just free loot for everyone else due to the dragonfruit lava pond farm.

2 hours ago, ShyRasan123 said:

Cool stuff that i won't be able to access because i wont enable the lunar rifts because brightshades massively nerf Warly. (The Portable Bearger Bin, so close, yet so far...) Furniture is great, im all for an infinite plant tender system you can set up early game, im sure you'll add new tracks as skins later on, which i will then happily buy while still using only one of them.
Im a fan of the furniture stuff, mostly the grammophone and lamp.
Havent checked out everything yet, but it looks like a cool update that as stated before cannot be accessed because the brightshades literally only affect Warly and is just free loot for everyone else due to the dragonfruit lava pond farm.

Can you explain what the situation with Warly is?? I'm confused.

Are you getting at the way planar damage is not increased by electric damage / chilli so relatively warly is boosted less against planar entity protected mobs - but personally as a warly player just head into your first few brightshade fights with the full buff and a dark sword / glass Cutter and you'll get everything you need for the planar gear that makes the fights straightforward after that.

But if still worried, fear not I'm sure warly will get a skill tree planar buff down the line :)

16 minutes ago, Ulisesvolador said:

I think they mean:

I meant why is Warly massively nerfed by lunar rifts? 

Oh sorry do you mean he's nerfed because Bearger new item is so much better than chef pouch etc because while that makes sense that didn't seem to be what they meant as they didn't want to turn lunar rifts because of brightshades somehow nerfing Warly? Idk haha.

Maybe cause chili p ain't as useful against them?

Just now, Ulisesvolador said:

Yes, that's what I think they meant with Warly being nerfed.

Perhaps they also mean that dishes aren't very useful on rifts also.

I think they meant chili and garlic not being as good however the new item does massively outperform chef pouch. If anything that might be good for Warly though as it only means he can keep a variety of meals fresher for even longer.

2 minutes ago, gamehun20 said:

Farming

Ah yes another valid point although there are plenty of other food sources. I'm a wig main (however I do swap characters a ton and even more so these days) so I'm a bit biased but you really don't need farm crops to be drowning in food. 

1 minute ago, GelatinousCube said:

Ah yes another valid point although there are plenty of other food sources. I'm a wig main (however I do swap characters a ton and even more so these days) so I'm a bit biased but you really don't need farm crops to be drowning in food

Warl can't eat component foods

1 hour ago, _zwb said:

Warly needs farm crops for special dishes and spices

This is what i meant. Every other character can use stone fruit and kelp and be better off only having dragonfruit around lava ponds. Warly needs to crop farm, but unless you wanna do it in the limited farmable cave space or kill brightshades daily, you won't be able to consistently farm post-cc. That is why i hate brightshades.

4 minutes ago, ShyRasan123 said:

This is what i meant. Every other character can use stone fruit and kelp and be better off only having dragonfruit around lava ponds. Warly needs to crop farm, but unless you wanna do it in the limited farmable cave space or kill brightshades daily, you won't be able to consistently farm post-cc. That is why i hate brightshades.

So in my long-term world I planted a whole ton of seeds in a specific biome literally just as decor (long before we got rifts and brightshades) as wormwood just in the ground. My brightshades basically always spawn here and never in my farms at least not my main big one in base. 

Archived