[Suggestion] Please remove the Pearl requirement for the Sawhorse!

2 hours ago, Valase said:

There is no mention from the rifts condition in the wiki. Nor have I seen any tutorial mentioning that.

The rifts are required. I just went to ruins, have the screenshot to prove it, no resting horrors appear when insane even during nightmare phase and 0 sanity. You need the rifts activated. Another good hint at this is how they have the red introduced to their color palette that all other post-rift activation creatures have. Sorry that the wikis and tutorials have misled you.image.png.0630e60fe2ab86524ed729cdafbbdd06.png 

Screenshot 2023-09-29 163903.png

5 minutes ago, dzzydzzy said:

The rifts are required. I just went to ruins, have the screenshot to prove it, no resting horrors appear when insane even during nightmare phase and 0 sanity. You need the rifts activated. Another good hint at this is how they have the red introduced to their color palette that all other post-rift activation creatures have. Sorry that the wikis and tutorials have misled you.image.png.0630e60fe2ab86524ed729cdafbbdd06.png 

Screenshot 2023-09-29 163903.png

I can back this up as fact, they only spawn while a rift is up. 

It's funny, but my friend is a carpenter, so the theme of wooden furniture is close to him, he hurriedly tried to make a drawing of a chair in the first days in ruins and "took his feet out of there", alas, he failed. . he was a little upset. He expressed the idea: would pearl just sell a "workbench" for a 6 jar?

10 hours ago, dzzydzzy said:

that's only true once rifts have begun in caves, which means defeating AFW in a normal world or changing the settings to start our world with rifts on.

To get the BP via the Metheus puzzle, you need to locate the full station that generates in ruins with two Bishops and 4 nightmare lights guarding it (go during the calm phase). There will be a chest there that has 6 slots, and you need to insert ingredients below. The ingredients you'd have to consider taking from the surface with you are the rabbit and petals, all other mats could be obtainable in ruins themselves (rabbit too if you're lucky with a cave-in).image.thumb.png.d433e993e6dec6663483e177ef67282d.png

this still feels like too much for a wooden chair to me, I'll just skip out on furniture I suppose, but I appreciate the information, thank you!

11 hours ago, EthanTheMime said:

the sawhorse lets you make chairs and tables--it's such an outwardly cosmetic feature that this really doesn't strike me as an issue. players already have access to decorative crafts in the early game and id be surprised if people find that problematic.

Also we only have walls, wardrobe, turf, manaquin and a themonator. It being cosmetic and for things as simple as wooden chairs is why it should be available to anyone. Just let everyone have chairs, VERY few people will know the very hidden methus puzzle or kill fuelweaver to find the hidden shadows in the ruins, and then very few will think to make one near pearl to unlock wooden furnature.

Also my friend of mine told me that they liked that base builders had something to look forward to

That is neat, but let us gain new furniture via a super hidden process instead (like a pearl chair from pearl rather than saw horse, it makes much more sense) rather than the trivial and basic wooden furniture set. Both people would be pleased.

Archived