Compact 100% output Gas Vent Tamer

Given the ability to create natural tiles by plumbing liquid pipes with less than 1 kg glass in it (source), I built a compact bypass gas vent tamer that captures 100% of the output of a gas vent no matter how much mass it ejects.  Here is an example of my design on a cool steam vent:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.16d28ef7314ae754b0388101f03a7bac.png

image.thumb.png.41bd9fe2425d3e8488c117bcf4eaf747.png

The two natural tiles are glass.  This build does not require any high level tech beyond radiation in Spaced Out and does not require any space materials.  The liquid valve is set to 500 g/s, so the liquid pump only runs an average of 12 watts.

When the steam vent erupts, it ejects its steam ejected per second (in this case 4135.1 grams) in to the tole under the upper glass tile.  This system uses a bypass pump to take that steam and whisk it away in 0.6 seconds (three game ticks), leaving a vacuum.  This works to perfectly allow the steam vent to erupt continuously without any danger of overpressurizing the vent.  It also automatically infinitely stores the outputs.

To create the glass tiles, you build a glass forge, put a valve on its output pipe to extract packets of less than 1 kg, and place them in the positions of the tiles.  Then, at slow speed, use a plumber to plumb the pipes.

Spoiler

On this particular design, the aquatuner turns on if the liquid in the pipe is not too cold and either the temperature in the steam room is below 126 C (as measured by the thermosensor) or there is excess charge in the batteries.  The steam turbine will only turn on if there is at least 20 kg/tile of steam in the steam chamber.

This particular design is incapable of running a fully geotuned cool steam vent.  This vent emits an overall average of 1629.9 g/s, so a fully geotuned cool steam vent would emit 3859.8 g/s, which would overwhelm the single steam turbine's 2 kg/s limit.  A second steam turbine could easily be added to compensate.

While I designed this one around a cool steam vent, it could work for any kind of gas vent as a space efficient design, replacing the aquatuner with a gas pump.

I also made one for a hot steam vent:

image.thumb.png.7f7e4d93f606c1b2798e8f34e58bf4fd.png

By the way, I would love to link the original person who discovered the ability to make solid tiles by using plumbing on liquid pipes, but I don't know where it came from.

55 minutes ago, Zarquan said:

By the way, I would love to link the original person who discovered the ability to make solid tiles by using plumbing on liquid pipes, but I don't know where it came from.

I think this fine "feature" was introduced after Spaced Out!'s mergedown... I speculate that the first instances shown where with gulp fish being encased with their own purifying process after the natural tile formation was tweaked.

I recall this post for the process of draining pipes...

12 hours ago, JRup said:

I think this fine "feature" was introduced after Spaced Out!'s mergedown... I speculate that the first instances shown where with gulp fish being encased with their own purifying process after the natural tile formation was tweaked.

I recall this post for the process of draining pipes...

Thanks!  That's one of the earliest version I've seen.

Archived