Steam turbine and engie's tune-up

I seemed to recall that using supercoolant in an aquatuner cooled by a steam turbine was actually power positive.  I checked the wiki, and it shows the calculations that you need 2 AT and 3 ST and then it is almost neutral.  However, it then goes on to say that you can use a single AT and ST with engie's tune-up and that this will run energy neutral.

Huh?  It was already neutral without the tune-up, so it should be quite positive with it.  And the tune-up isn't going to change how fast it eats steam, so it's not going to let you run 1:1 AT:ST.  Was someone high when they wrote that part of the wiki?

One Aquatuner with supercoolant can produce 1,181,600 DTU per second. Thats more than 1 turbine can delete without wasting heat. Thats why 2AT + 3 turbine is neutral. 

When you run 1 AT + 1 turbine you waste some heat as 1 turbine can effectively absorb only 877,000 DTU per second. All excess is destroyed without any actual power generation. Thats why for that setup you need tuning

23 hours ago, asurendra said:

When you run 1 AT + 1 turbine you waste some heat as 1 turbine can effectively absorb only 877,000 DTU per second. All excess is destroyed without any actual power generation. Thats why for that setup you need tuning

Ohh, I see.  I didn't get that they were wasting heat on purpose.

Archived