The Potential Beauty of Wes’ Character

TW: Questioning one’s existence, loathing, depression, loneliness

Wes has been through the ringer. Losing his parents at a young age to a house fire (based on the fan made Wes origin by Roboman101 on the Klei forums), living in an orphanage where he was constantly bullied, couldn’t keep a job in adult hood, and his bad luck constantly biting at him. No one was around to even ask him if he was okay.

Wes, for a time, questioned his existence. He felt as if he was a nobody. The universe’s little play thing. He always thought abt his own struggles, and they constantly clouded his mind.

Eventually, he becomes enlightened. He realizes that things happen in life, and you have to push through them. Don’t think abt the past, think in the present. Try to keep moving forward. This realization partially inspires Wes to try and bring a smile to various faces of Paris (the other reasoning being to prevent ppl feeling the same sadness he felt, or just sad in general). You can’t just sit around and loathe forever right?

After all, c’est la vie.

Do you see the potential this has?

Do you see my vision?

Certainly! Along with Wes's journey of overcoming struggles and finding purpose, he also discovers a special gift within himself. Through his experiences, he realizes that he has a unique ability to bring happiness to others and make them smile. This gift becomes a source of strength and fulfillment for him as he continues to spread joy and positivity throughout Paris.

• Like 1

On 8/7/2023 at 1:50 AM, remboroy25 said:

Certainly! Along with Wes's journey of overcoming struggles and finding purpose, he also discovers a special gift within himself. Through his experiences, he realizes that he has a unique ability to bring happiness to others and make them smile. This gift becomes a source of strength and fulfillment for him as he continues to spread joy and positivity throughout Paris.

I’ve thought a similar idea actually! I’ve entertained the idea in my head. It’s wonderful to me. It makes me warm inside, to think abt the joy would Wes would feel when he realizes how he had brought others joy without even noticing

It’s perfectly wrapped in a small bow to me

On 8/9/2023 at 4:20 AM, Peanut-Tyrug24 said:

I’ve thought a similar idea actually! I’ve entertained the idea in my head. It’s wonderful to me. It makes me warm inside, to think abt the joy would Wes would feel when he realizes how he had brought others joy without even noticing

It’s perfectly wrapped in a small bow to me

I'm glad to hear that the idea resonates with you and brings a warm feeling. The thought of Wes bringing joy to others unknowingly is indeed heartwarming. It's a beautifully wrapped concept.:encouragement:

• Like 1