Sometimes I've wished for a priority scheme like this:

Critical Priority (basically quiet yellow alert): Do this task as maximum priority no matter what, overriding the normal priority system. Exactly like quiet yellow alert. Example use case: Restocking Atmo Suits in Docks, sometimes it's just critical that this be done regardless of the priority scheme of the available duplicants. Like in Spaced Out I want the Operator to prefer restocking the Suits over running on the "idler" Manual Generator. To a certain extent I'd be happy if Yellow Alert could be rendered silent.

Idle Priority: Do this task only if there's absolutely no other task that could be done. Easy example: Idler Gym. Even if a Dupe has high operating priority, they'd still do supplying and stuff before running on the Manual Generator.

To be frank I'd be quite happy if "9" was Critical Priority and "1" was Idler Priority, I normally only use like 5 of the available priority levels, like I tend to only use priorities 1,2,5,6,8 and 9 and 3,4 and 7 are dead to me. So I'd prefer if the top and bottom priorities were even higher and even lower to be able to much more easily control what dupes do at the expense of a little less granularity in the normal priorities.

• Like 1

Something a little more fine-grained, I'd like something to force resupplying via automation, but still allow dupes to operate the machine manually. Think of something like the crusher, where a dupe needs to operate the machine. However, dupes might load the machine with only a few grams of material at a time, making lots of extra trips. I usually keep a storage bin next to it, but the dupes prefer to resupply the machine themselves because the resupply task has the same priority as operation.

On 9/28/2023 at 12:32 PM, meekay said:

Something a little more fine-grained, I'd like something to force resupplying via automation, but still allow dupes to operate the machine manually. Think of something like the crusher, where a dupe needs to operate the machine. However, dupes might load the machine with only a few grams of material at a time, making lots of extra trips. I usually keep a storage bin next to it, but the dupes prefer to resupply the machine themselves because the resupply task has the same priority as operation.

I'm sure the automation would keep the supply stocked if it's in place.

Anything else goes beyond basic priority setting.

Yeah, it would also remove the need for the "allow manual use" checkbox on solid transport thingys, and the less checkboxes, the better

On 9/28/2023 at 7:32 PM, meekay said:

Generally, i'd like be able to set priority per task (the things you see under the errands tab), and even better, have automation control individual recipes on buildings with such. And while i could see the first happening i'm not really sure how you'd implement the second

On 8/3/2023 at 9:04 PM, cyberwarlord said:

Priority zero setting. So dupes will let the machines do the work as intended. 

Help with letting the game run while designing room layouts and configurations. 

Thats all.

I love the "Idle" priority idea, because yea, it sucks to have a dupe hamster wheeling instead of supplying just because you want someone prioritizing other operating tasks. 

As far as designing rooms without dupes building while you're still in the planning phase, I'd like to have the ability to change materials for buildings that have already been planned. Then add a "blueprint" or null material that you can choose to start with and use to lay down plans, choosing the material only when you're ready for dupes to start building. 

• Like 1