End-game water purifying

Seeing discussion in another thread, I am wondering - how do you purify water in endgame?

Do you still use desalinators/sieves or do you boil water to clean it?

(In my previous game I've build water purifier in attachment. Not very clean design, but it was able to produce clean water + byproducts from pwater, swater, brine and resin and extract these products.)

image.png

I just boil it. Simplest design: aquatuner + steam turbine. Tuner works while there is not a vacuum inside, turbine send water to base. Not power-effective setup but doesnt take much place, and power... Well, not a problem almost always

one of the last colonies I had before i took a break from the game several months ago, I shifted my water purification to boiling. I did it by tapping into the magma biome that had a volcano in it, dumped pwater/salt water/brine into the area to convert it to steam to pump into steam turbines, then routed the steam turbine water to another area to cool.

It was a discovery period for sure. The magma heat couldn't keep up with the amount of liquid i was pouring in to purify even with the volcano, so I kept on having to dig the Igneous rock and replace with diamond tiles/tempshift plates. I'd redo the design if I were to do it again to try to make it more set-and-forget with some magma pumping into the heat injector area

Boil what you have already laying around with AT/STs, then geotune geysers until they all produce steam from the start. The new update lets you produce bleach stone easily. Add in some space-mining and you should have no issues with salt/gold or bleach stone supplies. On cycle 750 so far and have been running 15 geotuners for about 400 cycles (classic terra w/ DLC). No salt left on the map but chillin' with 152t of bleachstone since I started with 3 saltwater geysers (red boxes in screenshot) and 1 gold volcano which have been producing bleachstone since cycle 350ish.

image.thumb.png.da970c73b3d3723488137556751bae13.png

input around 30kg/s, output no more then 20kg/s. In average steam pressure 15kg/s, sometimes grow to 200kg/s.

It accept all sources of water - saline, polluted, just hot water and output water with 30C. Multiple counterflaws implemented - cold chill output water, hot going direct into steam chamber, steam turbines work in case if steam pressure > 15kg/per tyle, AT work in case if liquid on the floor, or in case if steam temperature less then 130.

602054760_.thumb.jpg.f2dc201cf46ad5943342cd0cb401b7dd.jpg

On 8/3/2023 at 1:07 PM, Jurij I. Gorkij said:

Seeing discussion in another thread, I am wondering - how do you purify water in endgame?

Do you still use desalinators/sieves or do you boil water to clean it?

(In my previous game I've build water purifier in attachment. Not very clean design, but it was able to produce clean water + byproducts from pwater, swater, brine and resin and extract these products.)

image.png

i can't be bothered to cool it back down so i just use a desalinator + sieve setup

Archived