Will the game no longer have updates? I mean, focusing on the togueter doesn't imply that DS doesn't matter anymore.

Personally, I gave more than 600 hours to both versions, so neither seems to me better or worse than the other. However, as the multiplayer version was given more content, the classic version was also left aside. There would be no problem Add more content, not necessarily at the same level as the togueter, but you wouldn't lose anything. People who may not play the multiplayer version might be interested in the solo version.

On 7/26/2023 at 3:19 PM, _zwb said:

They aren't making content updates anymore, but there might be bug fixes and QoL updates like they did for DS's 10th anniversary.

Maybe on DS's 20th anniversary. Will they fix the bug that morning star's damage doesn't grow on wet targets?

16 minutes ago, Hungry French said:

Maybe on DS's 20th anniversary. Will they fix the bug that morning star's damage doesn't grow on wet targets?

Mobs in the world are only wet when the world is wet, except for players themselves and dragonfly in DST. This is working as intended, not really a bug.

12 hours ago, _zwb said:

Mobs in the world are only wet when the world is wet, except for players themselves and dragonfly in DST. This is working as intended, not really a bug.

I'm talking about a single in DS. And in DST, according to the standard, Merms, Worms, Tentacle and many sea creatures and bosses are considered wet and receive 72 damage

1 hour ago, Hungry French said:

I'm talking about a single in DS. And in DST, according to the standard, Merms, Worms, Tentacle and many sea creatures and bosses are considered wet and receive 72 damage

Ah I forgot about those, but again mobs except those are wet when the world is wet, they don't have a separate wetness meter. I think it's like this because tracking wetness for all mobs can cause lag

14 minutes ago, _zwb said:

Ah I forgot about those, but again mobs except those are wet when the world is wet, they don't have a separate wetness meter. I think it's like this because tracking wetness for all mobs can cause lag

But tracking 2 types of mobs on the map and 2 more in caves should not cause a delay. And only the wet tag is tracked, which they have according to the standard

By the way, there are 2 types of rain in the game. Weak and strong. During a strong 100% morning star damage increases. What about the light rain ?

In DS, by the way, Memes, Tentacles and Worms are considered wet in the game code, but perhaps because of bugs they are not. At least I still need to test well. Mobs become wet during heavy rain only after about 1 minute of time. Maybe it also works with Merms, Worms and Tentacle.
I'm not sure about DST. I need to do tests, but I'm still working with DS

1 hour ago, _zwb said:

But tracking 2 types of mobs on the map and 2 more in caves should not cause a delay

I was talking about all mobs, all mobs are wet when the world is wet, with some exception like dragonfly. Tracking moisture for all mobs is going to cause lag.

During a strong 100% morning star damage increases. What about the light rain ?

Again, if the target's moisture isn't tracked then it depends on world wetness.

In DS, by the way, Memes, Tentacles and Worms are considered wet in the game code, but perhaps because of bugs they are not.

That is because in DS having the wet tag doesn't effect calculating damage, in DST having the wet tag do. Check scripts/components/combat.lua for this.

3 hours ago, _zwb said:

Я говорил о всех мобах, все мобы мокрые, когда мир мокрый, за некоторым исключением, таким как dragonfly. Отслеживание влажности для всех мобов приведет к задержке.

Опять же, если влажность цели не отслеживается, то это зависит от влажности в мире.

Это потому, что в DS наличие метки wet не влияет на подсчет урона, в DST наличие метки wet влияет. Проверьте скрипты / компоненты/ combat.lua для этого.

It's more about something else. In the game, all creatures that have wet in the name receive additional damage. In DST they are wet from the very beginning . And in DS, for some reason, they do not have this word in their name when they spawn.
Perhaps the problem is in some file that is responsible for the fact that the mob becomes wet.
Although I do not know which component is responsible for giving the mob the wet status.
Since at least 19, no one has even tried to ask Klei to fix it

And in DS, for some reason, they do not have this word in their name when they spawn.

As I just explained, in DS, a mob is wet only when it has moisture component and the component marks it wet, or it doesn't have it but the world is wet. Wetness prefix in names follows the same rule, that's why they don't appear to be wet.

28 minutes ago, _zwb said:

As I just explained, in DS, a mob is wet only when it has moisture component and the component marks it wet, or it doesn't have it but the world is wet. Wetness prefix in names follows the same rule, that's why they don't appear to be wet.

I tried in Merm prefabs add moisture component.  And game crush. Perhaps this component conflicts with function MakeEntityDry

37 minutes ago, _zwb said:

In general, I would like Merms, Tentacles and Worms to always be wet, so that morning star would be more useful, but I have no idea how to do this. And the scripts from the DST embedded in the DS simply do not work or lead to a crash

11 minutes ago, Hungry French said:

I tried in Merm prefabs add moisture component.  And game crush. Perhaps this component conflicts with function MakeEntityDry

In general, I would like Merms, Tentacles and Worms to always be wet, so that morning star would be more useful, but I have no idea how to do this. And the scripts from the DST embedded in the DS simply do not work or lead to a crash

Could you show me the error code and the scripts you used?

8 minutes ago, _zwb said:

Could you show me the error code and the scripts you used?

Since I am almost a complete zero in writing scripts . The maximum I had enough for was to insert this line :  inst:AddComponent("moisture") in merm prefab
Heh. Funny situation. Where on the Klei forum to ask about how to do this, I also do not know.

19 hours ago, Hungry French said:

Since I am almost a complete zero in writing scripts . The maximum I had enough for was to insert this line :  inst:AddComponent("moisture") in merm prefab
Heh. Funny situation. Where on the Klei forum to ask about how to do this, I also do not know.

Did you enable any DLC? In the base game moisture component doesn't exist.

Also you can post this problem in mods and tools forums, I'm sure people would help you out

5 hours ago, _zwb said:

Did you enable any DLC? In the base game moisture component doesn't exist.

Also you can post this problem in mods and tools forums, I'm sure people would help you out

Yes, I'm playing with dlc RoG. We were still discussing morning star here, and he only appeared in RoG together with moisture.  

And thanks for the advice about mods and tools forums.

Perhaps I will write a little later.
So far, I want to play RoG with my own custom mod, where I tried to fix the walls, darts, some of the clothes that seemed extremely weak to me and in general made the melee weapon not so op.
As an example:
Night Light in my custom mod now takes 100 sanity per minute, which makes it a great way to farm shadow creatures massively and quickly.
Now birds always drop a feather at death. Moreover, I even kept a 50% chance of meat in the form of second drop item, and the remaining 50% are divided by seeds, flint, sticks and grass.
Oh, and what a small change Wolfgang. Now he has a loss of sanity multiplier not in x1.1, but x1.25 just like in DST. (Only without a way to get x1.1 back with the help of friends or pets)

It shouldn't be that difficult to make mobs wet in DS. For a unreleased mod I made that introduced Warly's Volt Goat Chaud-Froid along with his other DST-exclusive dishes to DS I decided to make "aquatic" and "wet" mobs be permanently wet, this is the code below:

------------------- Moisture Manager Addon -------------------
local function MoistureWetAddon(self)
	local original_IsEntityWet = self.IsEntityWet

self.IsEntityWet = function (self, inst)
		if (inst:HasTag("wet") or (inst:HasTag("aquatic") and inst.components.health)) then
			return true
		end
		return original_IsEntityWet(self, inst)	
	end
end
AddComponentPostInit("moisturemanager", MoistureWetAddon)
------------------- Wet Creatures Addon -------------------
AddGlobalClassPostConstruct("entityscript", "EntityScript", function(self)
	local original_GetIsWet = self.GetIsWet

self.GetIsWet = function(self)
		if self:HasTag("moistureimmunity") then
			return false
		end

return original_GetIsWet(self)	
	end
end)

If the mob has the tag "wet" or "aquatic" (and the component health on it) then it will be permanently wet and if it has "moistureimmunity" tag then it will never be considered wet.

I haven't tested it in a while, but it should work. If anybody wants to use it then go ahead.

On 30.08.2023 at 16:15, mathem99 said:

Сделать мобов мокрыми в DS не должно быть так сложно. Для созданного мной неизданного мода, который привнес в DS Чауд-фройд Volt Goat от Warly вместе с другими его блюдами, эксклюзивными для DST, я решил сделать "водных" и "мокрых" мобов постоянно влажными, вот код ниже. ----------- "Volt Goat Chaud-Froid":

------------------- Moisture Manager Addon -------------------
local function MoistureWetAddon(self)
	local original_IsEntityWet = self.IsEntityWet

self.IsEntityWet = function (self, inst)
		if (inst:HasTag("wet") or (inst:HasTag("aquatic") and inst.components.health)) then
			return true
		end
		return original_IsEntityWet(self, inst)	
	end
end
AddComponentPostInit("moisturemanager", MoistureWetAddon)
------------------- Wet Creatures Addon -------------------
AddGlobalClassPostConstruct("entityscript", "EntityScript", function(self)
	local original_GetIsWet = self.GetIsWet

self.GetIsWet = function(self)
		if self:HasTag("moistureimmunity") then
			return false
		end

return original_GetIsWet(self)	
	end
end)

Если у моба есть метка "мокрый" или "водный" (и на нем указано здоровье компонента), то он будет постоянно мокрым, а если у него есть метка "moistureimmunity", то он никогда не будет считаться мокрым.

Я давно ее не тестировал, но она должна сработать. Если кто-то хочет ею воспользоваться, тогда вперед.

Thank you very much! And why I didn't receive the notification...

Archived