Wanda Gaming Skill Tree

I'm very Wanda gaming in public servers. So I decided to create my version of skill tree after seeing others'.

Skill tree image below in spoiler.

Spoiler

1138690567_wandagamingskilltree.thumb.png.f0a4dcfdefa4d189ab6c34db9b93d8c2.png

(It seems Wanda's power is naturally aligned with shadow side?)

In summary, 4 section:

- left branch + left final

- right branch + right final

Both branches are on the shadow side.

Left branch focuses on watch tech.

Spoiler

1188468214_lefttree.png.20d586884876cdaca91a967cbbab6e5a.png

L1 -> L2, Ageless watch tech

L1: Ageless watch cooldown reduced by small amount (10%)

L2: Ageless watch also recover equipped shadow armors' durability by small amount (8%, split between head and body slot)

(What is shadow armor? Any armor that can boost Maxwell's shadow duelists.)

L3 -> L4, Second-chance watch tech

L3: The watch cooldown reduced by small amount (10%)

L4: Players revived glows and becomes invulnerable for short amount of time (10 seconds)

L5->L6, backtrek watch

L5: Backtrek watch cooldown reduced by small amount (10%)

L6: Can be refueled by nightmare fuel. Each nf advance watch's cooldown by 33%.

Final left is unlocked when left branch gains 5 insights plus defeating fw.

Spoiler

578969744_finalleft.png.5c22dd805208266c77dad49136cb595d.png

FL1: ageless watch gains 2 charges

FL2: second chance watch gains 2 charges

FL3: backtrek watch gains 2 charges

(FL4 can be unlocked by learning one of those 3.)

Fl4: Wanda gains a dedicated watch storage in shadow realm (similar to wilson's beard storage)

Watches inside the storage stay with Ghost Wanda, unlike regular backpacks.

Right branch focuses on her shadow talent.

Spoiler

867680088_righttree.png.da4fc2917f42a8f2a3226a2ce29ba9ca.png

R1 -> R2 -> R3 focuses on planar damage

R1: Convert some (25%) shadow weapon damage into planar damage. (Total damage unchanged)

R2: Convert more (50%) shadow weapon damage into planar damage. (Total damage unchanged)

R3: Alarming clock can be fueled by pure horror to gain 100% durability. Max durability can reach 200% when fueled by pure horror. The next 96 swings by this weapon will convert 100% of its damage into planar damage with 10% extra bonus. Nightmare fuel can't fuel the watch past 100%.

R4 -> R5 -> R6 focuses on planar armor

R4: each shadow armor gains additional 3 planar defense. (anything that can power shadow duelists plus shadow rift armors)

R5: each shadow armor gains additional 6 planar defense.

R6: each shadow armor slows down Wanda's natural aging (by 50%). (2 pieces stops aging completely)

Right final branch can be unlocked when 5 points are invested in the right branch.

Spoiler

1990399203_finalright.png.5bcb202f79f01226f4a57a4a76ce40a3.png

FR1 -> FR2 -> FR3 -> FR4

FR1: Wanda's longevity is improved slightly (max age 82) 

FR2: Wanda's longevity is improved more (max age 85)

FR3: Wanda's longevity is improved fairly (max age 88)

FR4: Wanda gains wisdom from longevity. Wanda now has 4 stages: young, middle-aged, old, and wise. From 65-72 is old. From 73 to 88 is wise. In Wise stage, Wanda's shadow weapon multiplier becomes 2.1 compared to 1.75 at Old.

(Edited to clarify: Wolfgang's final skill deals 30% damage to one chosen side. Wanda's x2.1 is 20% to both side. Or maybe it should be x2 or 15% to both sides in order to be more consistent with Wolfgang's skill tree. Thanks to @webberer for pointing it out in comments.)

Because of the limited insight points, this skill tree won't allow players to unlock both final branches at the same time. But they can do 1 full 1 partial.

Design philosophy

is to follow DST's existing convention so far. So I decided to utilize existing mechanics and expand on them, and try to create new items as little as possible, because skill trees aren't supposed to change the game drastically, but should give some hints about the game.

That's it. Thanks for reading. Share your idea, let's inspire each other.

An idea for FR branch: On getting hit, total damage received remains the same but the speed Wanda loses time is 3× slower. So we will have more chance and benefit more from negating incoming damage with Ageless Watch.

I like the added maximum age and new stage in the right branch, it adds an option for inexperienced players to feel more comfortable in the old stage while experienced players can invest further to gain bonus damage. I also like the theme (if you were going for it) of left branch being more utility focused and right branch being more combat focused. It lets players tune the play style of Wanda to what they like or value more between the two

4 hours ago, goatt said:

L1: Ageless watch cooldown reduced by small amount (10%)

This one could also reduce the amount it heals, so you can use the ageless watch at, say, 71 instead of 73.

Quite a lot of the time I die to burst damage because I'm trying to not heal pass 65 years old, I think this would give the player a bit more room for error.

6 hours ago, Fufuji said:

An idea for FR branch: On getting hit, total damage received remains the same but the speed Wanda loses time is 3× slower. So we will have more chance and benefit more from negating incoming damage with Ageless Watch.

That's a brilliant idea! I think it's so powerful that it should be the FR5 as an alternative to FR4. Thanks for sharing your idea!

4 hours ago, webberer said:

Are you serious? I thought 143 is already an incredible amount per attack and you wanna further raise it? How about  Make any creatures die as soon as they were seen by Wanda…..

I'm following what Klei did to Wolfgang. Wolfgang's final skills are 30% damage boost against one side. My suggestion is 20% boost to both sides, although I should've probably aimed for 15% instead. But that can be tuned.

3 hours ago, Random Guy000 said:

Doesn't Wanda hate shadows, judging from her animatic?

That's a great question! I also thought about it for a while, and figured since all her crafts and talents are related to shadow magic and shadow weapons, the source of her power must be shadow or dark magic. So she has chosen shadow side when she chose to mess with time. In her animatic, I imagine she made trouble in her shadow experiments and now needed to escape from the consequence.

2 hours ago, _zwb said:

This one could also reduce the amount it heals, so you can use the ageless watch at, say, 71 instead of 73.

That's a brilliant idea, I didn't even think about it! But it comes with a downside that Wanda has to use ageless watch more frequently which might be annoying since each use recover less age. Another downside is that 7.2 age is not that big difference to 8, and hard to tell by displayed number to be taken advantage of. Maybe instead of 7.2 min or 10% cooldown, it should go for 12.5% or 7 min, which makes everything simpler. I actually like this idea now I'm thinking about it. 12.5% is 1/8, and 8 is the magic number for Wanda. So yeah, that would be great, besides the side effect.

Some of these changes are neat, like speeding up the teleport watches with nightmare fuel and giving revived players spawn protection, though most of these make her extremely op. Most of these skills need big downsides to stay at their current power.

These ones are the most overpowered since you pretty much double her utility and healing, the watch storage sounds somewhat cool but it should be a physical backpack or something, i am not sure because it removes the thing that makes you not bring tons and tons of healing watches everywhere you go, i think these skills could be replaced with side grades to each age maybe? Something for young and middle aged ect.

Screenshot_20230726-152112_Ecosia.jpg

16 hours ago, mkemal23 said:

Judging by her Pure brilliance quote, I don't think she has a choice anymore.

153870482_Ekrangrnts2023-07-26172727.png.9ce4e3e78f9ef6c732498c699596faa8.png

Maybe being friends with the Alter will allow her the make lunar watches instead of nightmare fueled ones?

That sounds cool for an affinity skill

Good lorekeeping, by the way

I like how the comunity is already making their own tree.
I was just about to make my own before I found this.
Here are some ideas if you plan on refining or changing things.
so the skilltree for Wormwood looks different and is shaped more like  branches or roots. This might just be because Wormwood is from the moon but I like how it even looks different.
For Wanda it would be a clock with a circular layout and maybe the hands extending in branches.

When inspecting moon shards she states: "It would make a perfect watch crystal, if only it played nice with shadow magic."  I think that Wanda doesn't really have an affinity like the other survivors. She sees both shadow and celestial magic as tools. so maybe instead of picking sides she can have a double affinity where she can upgrade her watches after defeating both sides. These can be all in one or one perk per watch if it drastically changes the power of the watch.

leaving that, I'm not completely for the idea of adding extra charges to the watches but I can't really give any critique because it's not really "bad", it's more that I don't like the idea. (don't know why)

Adding extra storage for clocks specifically can be really helpfull. I see it being added but I think it would require more to unlock than just one other talent.

I think that upgrades for straigt up damage or resistance doesn't really work. with Wolfgang these are only active through mightyness so for Wanda maybe with age or as you did it with shadow equipment (maybe both, idk). 
Overcharging the alarming clock can be insanely interesting but I would group it with the celestial clock upgrades.

the idea of extra time on wanda's life is neat but might not be completely thematically accurate. She is still the glasscanon after all. and her motivation seems to be escaping her inevitable demise at 80, but it's fair to assume that she might be able to change her death so I'll give you that. Rather a buff to her age based abilities might be more favorable.
Adding an extra age stage seems to counteract my previous concerns but I think it still needs to be heavily considered.

Lastly there isn't really a boost to gathering unlike with the other skill trees. this doesn't have to be a lot, maybe just a chance to rewind durability of equipment on use of the tool or watches is enough.

that's it do with this information as you please. (don't mind me making a quick mockup see ya in 10 hours)

Archived