Why does this liquid pool spill over?

[@mod please move to general forum, thanks!]

Simple question. Why on earth does the PWater spill over in this peaceful situation? There are at most a few drops coming in from time to time.

2shKQr.jpg

It your autodispenser set for polluted ice? Most likely given the amount  of polluted water, a large chunk of polluted ice melted and turned to polluted water. These kind of phase changes can increase liquid quantities faster than the liquid can flow. So the liquid expands faster in all directions (in your case upwards) faster than it flows to the left.

You also appear to have water in this holding area. Sometimes as water and polluted water flow around each other, the rather chaotic movement can cause one or the other to splash out. Take some efforts to ensure only polluted water is in this area.

There are different gases above the water pool, blocked by tiles. Those gases can't move and water can't displace them, so the water will only "flow" towards the only available spot: where there is water already.

If you build mesh tiles in the polluted water you can mop the top clean water layer, allowing the polluted water to go there. If you replace the solid tiles at the top with airflow or mesh tiles you'll allow the gases to move, probably somewhat fixing the situation.

46 minutes ago, 6Havok9 said:

If you build mesh tiles in the polluted water you can mop the top clean water layer, allowing the polluted water to go there. If you replace the solid tiles at the top with airflow or mesh tiles you'll allow the gases to move, probably somewhat fixing the situation.

Thanks, I also thought that and already replaced the ceiling tiles with mesh tiles. It has not happened again since then.

I don't care too much about the thin clean water layer on top because I filter the output anyway. Getting water into the Pwater pool happens too easily. But thanks for the tip on how to mop it up anyway.

Archived