Darkness atmosphere suggestion

Hello. This is my first post in these forums. I really like your game. I just wanted to make a couple suggestions. Not sure if these had been suggested yet, I did a search and nothing came up.

I think it would be cool if when you are running around in the dark if you leave it too long (almost taking damage), that when you finally get your torch out or start your campfire up, instead of it getting bright all of a sudden, it would look like tentacles or arms reaching towards you quickly pull away from the light. Not something that changes game play at all, just something to add to the atmosphere and make the night time seem a little more sinister.

Also, if you accidentally let your campfire go out, its hard to find in the dark. Maybe some faint embers would help?

Also, what about making it so you need to build your crockpot over a campfire or firepit? And it won't cook unless the fire is fueled.

I think it would be cool if when you are running around in the dark if you leave it too long (almost taking damage)

Well right now if you don't get a light source within seconds of it going dark you'll end up dead. The reason is because you're eaten by a Grue. Yes, nothing is officially mentioned... but that's the general idea. Kevin can always pop in and confirm/contradict me. If he or another Developer is actually reading this... <DEV Check!>

...that when you finally get your torch out or start your campfire up, instead of it getting bright all of a sudden, it would look like tentacles or arms reaching towards you quickly pull away from the light. Not something that changes game play at all, just something to add to the atmosphere and make the night time seem a little more sinister.

Oddly enough I had a similar idea. Of course I never posted anything. Still, I've always enjoyed Call of Cthulhu, and I think the developers might like H.P. Lovecraft as well, so who knows. Writhing tentacles would be a nice effect, but I would say it would be even cooler if strange "events" occurred during the night. I was spooked one night when the grass near my camp rustled, and I thought, "What? Is something moving in the tall grass near my camp...?!?". As it turns out it was just my grass regrowing, but it got me good for a second.

Also, if you accidentally let your campfire go out, its hard to find in the dark. Maybe some faint embers would help?

Hmmm, maybe. I know you're not the first person to mention dying because the fire went out. You won't get too much sympathy, as we';ve all been told we need to mind the fire and when the flame gets low just chuck more wood/grass/ect on it. I feed my fire pit several times a night, just to be safe.

Also, if you want to be EXTRA safe, always carry a torch on you. A torch saved my life already once when my camp fire went out.

Also, what about making it so you need to build your crockpot over a campfire or firepit? And it won't cook unless the fire is fueled.

I think that would cause a collision issue and I believe the hammer can break-up both the fire pit and crock pot... but if you merged them it would cause issues. Not to mention when you're desperately trying to feed the fire it might open teh crockpot instead. :p