DST Caves, my complete port of the revamped DST cave generation algorithm, is now on the Steam Workshop!

Have you ever wondered why the caves in Don't Starve are so... bland, compared to DST? Why instead of sprawling Mushtree forests and creepy Spider caverns, we just get a jumbled mess of random, tiny biomes? Then this mod is the solution for you.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2979115038

DST Caves is a full port of the revamped cave generation method that is currently used in DST. The purpose of this mod is to implement the various changes and improvements made to the DST cave system. For those of you who aren't sure what that means, it's simple! In Don't Starve, the caves lack distinct biome separation. They are also very limited in terms of size. For example, a Mushtree forest in Don't Starve will likely contain only a handful of Mushtrees, on a tiny patch of land. DST Caves gets rid of these issues. Biomes are now generated on full-size land branches, just as they are in DST. The variety of different environments is much greater than before, with vast Mud fields with Lightbulbs, entire forests dedicated to each of the three Mushtree colours, and creepy Spider caverns with bones lying around. The entrance to the Ruins has also been moved into the deepest, darkest part of the caves, so beware...

I've included some comparison screenshots, as well as some of the new biomes below, so check it out! :)

Caves.thumb.png.b4ddc3cb38e8bd2189043950ef3ac71f.png

1763616904_Caves3.thumb.png.1ec79b11bc8adea986e5d3a0ea0bf5e8.png

290820386_Caves2.thumb.png.e5718bd1d7b0c30919fb7e23e4d4c439.png

Biomes.thumb.png.8f3030fcad063b9cc1f51e34a15b99c4.png

If you encounter any issues with this mod, feel free to contact me! I will try to fix any problems ASAP. Enjoy!

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2979115038

Archived