Lost 600+ world

8 hours ago, Wilson-brb said:

Yesterday i was playing dst and It was pretty laggy , so i quit and the game crashed, i opened the game today and the world was Just gone what do i do? Please help i dont want to lose it

That sucks. I second Pet Rocks suggestion to make Backup Copies of your World every 50-100 Days.
 If you search your Hard Drive for a Folder named "DoNotStarveTogether", you can check in there to see if there are any 'Cluster Folders' . This is where DST games are saved. If you ever want to Backup your files so this doesn't happen again, these are the files you want to make Backups of. 

If it makes you feel any better I've lost Worlds and started from scratch several times over the years. It's not fun, but it also gives me the opportunity to take what I've learned and apply it to something fresh.

This was a nice reminder for me to Backup my World. It had been 500+ Days since I last Backed it up on a separate Hard Drive.

I do have a tiny bit of GOOD news for you though- Retro fitting New Content into old worlds is often times done very poorly, and as a result- the content does not spawn into your game world as it is intended to do. At least in starting over your game world will generate everything into it properly. :love_heart:

12 hours ago, goodguythatguy said:

That sucks. I second Pet Rocks suggestion to make Backup Copies of your World every 50-100 Days.
 If you search your Hard Drive for a Folder named "DoNotStarveTogether", you can check in there to see if there are any 'Cluster Folders' . This is where DST games are saved. If you ever want to Backup your files so this doesn't happen again, these are the files you want to make Backups of. 

If it makes you feel any better I've lost Worlds and started from scratch several times over the years. It's not fun, but it also gives me the opportunity to take what I've learned and apply it to something fresh.

This was a nice reminder for me to Backup my World. It had been 500+ Days since I last Backed it up on a separate Hard Drive.

I dont understand só much about folders and stuff this is what It showed tô me, the "caves_server_chat_log" is our chat in the last day.

Also How do i backup i thought i did and even made the world cloud save 

IMG-20230517-WA0005.jpeg

1 hour ago, Wilson-brb said:

I dont understand só much about folders and stuff this is what It showed tô me, the "caves_server_chat_log" is our chat in the last day.

Also How do i backup i thought i did and even made the world cloud save 

The Folder in your picture '120678519' should have your Worlds Save Clusters in it. If you don't see your Worlds Save Clusters in that Folder, I don't know what other options you have to recover your World. 

Unfortunately, I have no understanding of Clouds or how they function. I don't know where to look for that data. You might be able to find some information about recovering Cloud data by doing a search on the internet. 
I'm mostly mentally handicapped when it comes to data storage. You would have to talk to someone smarterer than me for help with that. 

Archived