ONI (base game) - Atmo Suit Checkpoint Bugged

I have a fully enclosed base, only one exit with an atmo suit checkpoint.  Checkpoint is set as 'Clearance:Vacancy', 10 atmo suits, 16 dupes (though 3 dupes are not permitted through the door on the other side of the checkpoint), 8 day shift, 8 night shift.

I keep finding dupes outside of my base with no atmo suit, once every 2-5 cycles (that I've noticed - mostly due to alerts of suffocation/scalding/etc).  The only dupe I've lost so far (cycle 709) was due to this, highly frustrating.  Is this a bug?  Have I somehow set up my docks & checkpoint wrong (see image)?  My assumption is that the checkpoint is supposed to function in such a way that I don't need to run one dock with suit per dupe as that would get silly as the colony grows.

I've been wanting to expand my dupe numbers for the last few hundred cycles but I'm wary of doing so whilst I have this bug.

Has anyone seen this before or know the reason why?  When the last suit gets taken I can see the checkpoint change to a no entry sign so I believe it should work but perhaps it's bugged if multiple dupes are getting in/out of suits at the same time?

I've played many games, usually with the same sort of base design (i.e. one entrance/exit) but this is the first where I've had this issue...

Screenshot 2023-05-17 at 15.45.11.png

5 hours ago, LadenSwallow said:

I think the culprit is the tile causing 'jumps' just after the checkpoint. Consider removing, or moving the checkpoint back 1 space from any change in verticality.

Thank you, I'll try removing that tile and see if it stops it.
§: )

Archived