dupe with masterworks skill does not excavate Ancient specimen and fossil fragments

as the title tells. The descriptions on the Ancient specimen and fossil fragments tell that a dupe with masterworks should be able to excavate them. I have a dupe with Masterworks, but he is "not permitted" to excavate for some reason. There is a thread here describing the same problem: they do not provide any clear solution. 

you could check into the discussion I linked. They tried different things like having tiles below etc. They did not try to have dupe with Masterworks and research and digging skills. Which I also can not try because I do not have a dupe with so many skill points. It is a pity to waste valuble space on a newly colonized asteroid. I assume it is a bug, and I had to post it rather in a bug section. The description tells that only Masterworks is needed, nothing about research. 

p.s. the dupe with Masterworks skill is not permitted todo reserach - this could be the reason, because the errand types are indeed research and decorating. I will try to scrubb another dupe and give him masterworks.

Archived