The rift shouldn't spawn within 28 units of structures rather than 20

Rifts currently won't spawn 20 units away from items with the structures tag.

However, they definitely expand much farther than that, to a radius of 7 tiles.

For that reason, I say that the limit to where the rifts can spawn be updated to match however big the rifts can get.

Adding the structure tag to walls and fences or adding a check for the wall tag would also be appreciated for megabases as well.

This change definitely should be added. I would honestly even increase spawn distance  to 40 units. 40 units is the range of lighting rod, it would help a lot to minimize potential base destructions because of portal.

28 minutes ago, Cassielu said:

Well, this may be an unpopular idea, but I think it would be nice to keep the damage to the building to a low limit rather than eliminate it completely

I'm not entirely sure what you mean.

Do you mean the 28 wall unit I'm suggesting or the 40 wall unit one above?

22 minutes ago, lakhnish said:

I'm not entirely sure what you mean.

Do you mean the 28 wall unit I'm suggesting or the 40 wall unit one above?

Both. I'd like it to be a little less than 28, so it's still possible for it to damage a small corner of your base at its maximum expansion, but chances of it happening and the damage is very small. Just to preserve a little bit of the surprising special situation and show the player what a disruptive expansion it is.

Maybe a number between 24 and 28 would be great (to me), but 20 isn't that bad.

6 hours ago, Cassielu said:

Both. I'd like it to be a little less than 28, so it's still possible for it to damage a small corner of your base at its maximum expansion, but chances of it happening and the damage is very small. Just to preserve a little bit of the surprising special situation and show the player what a disruptive expansion it is.

Er, the main damage that its gonna do is that the rifts will uproot/destroy plants.

It won't actually destroy structures or break walls (this was changed along the way).

Idk if you're writing this with the impression that it destroys structures or not.

Archived