One Step Back

First off I want to note that I absolutely do not like making 'snap back' comments, or threads for that better.

But I am wholly confused as of the most recent changes.

I want to start off with the staff, a MAJORLY weak and barely usable tool/weapon (despite it's endgame costs).
It was recently nerfed, having its bouncing projectiles lowered to 5 targets from 7.

You can bring it back up to 7 with the set bonus, which... feels sort of unfair.
Something that WASNT noted in the patchnotes was that they nerfed and removed Wigfrids interaction with the staff.

These nerfs despite there being plenty asking for them to buff it are confusing.

Something else they didn't mention is that plants had their health buffed/reverted. From 800 to 1,000.
SPOILER_chrome_2023-04-18_20-22-53.png

It bothers me immensely to see changes as important as these go entirely unlisted. I understand it might not be intentional but it's been happening a lot recently.

I hope some of these changes can be reverted or looked into. The community has been very vocal about how weak some of these things are, and how absurd other aspects are, at that.

Pretty sure they made those changes to force us into using the set bonus. Because with it, I was able to kill the plant in one go before it regenerates the shield. I couldn't even do it with the 800 HP plant before. I don't understand why, but they've been using the set bonus as the main reason to craft the body piece of the set instead of buffing the piece itself.

1 minute ago, maxwell_winters said:

Pretty sure they made those changes to force us into using the set bonus.

This seems to be the idea they're going for, I don't entirely have super strong feelings about it but I really do think that funneling all the update's content into the set instead of making everything viable/fun on its own is a bit... of an awkward approach. 

• Developer

I've appended the notes. We've fixed some math with the damage reduction, and re-adjusted the plant's health to account for this. Overall, the plant will die faster than before, even for old equipment.

Just now, V2C said:

I've appended the notes. We've fixed some math with the damage reduction, and re-adjusted the plant's health to account for this. Overall, the plant will die faster than before, even for old equipment.

Thhhaankk yyoouu, this is such a relief to hear. Again I apologize for the snap-back. I appreciate the quick response and actions!

5 hours ago, -Variant said:

First off I want to note that I absolutely do not like making 'snap back' comments, or threads for that better.

But I am wholly confused as of the most recent changes.

I want to start off with the staff, a MAJORLY weak and barely usable tool/weapon (despite it's endgame costs).
It was recently nerfed, having its bouncing projectiles lowered to 5 targets from 7.

You can bring it back up to 7 with the set bonus, which... feels sort of unfair.
Something that WASNT noted in the patchnotes was that they nerfed and removed Wigfrids interaction with the staff.

These nerfs despite there being plenty asking for them to buff it are confusing.

Something else they didn't mention is that plants had their health buffed/reverted. From 800 to 1,000.
SPOILER_chrome_2023-04-18_20-22-53.png

It bothers me immensely to see changes as important as these go entirely unlisted. I understand it might not be intentional but it's been happening a lot recently.

I hope some of these changes can be reverted or looked into. The community has been very vocal about how weak some of these things are, and how absurd other aspects are, at that.

I came here straight away to complain about the staff nerf, even with the wigfrid and crown equiped, it is still pretty underpowered for how unreliable it is. And hearing the rest makes it even dumber. Plants hp was good at 800, and it was enough to justify klei making them not super rare which is still not the case. At least they don't break walls i guess...

4 hours ago, V2C said:

Oh oops.

But yeah still revert the staff nerf, and then buff it.

Archived