Is there any way to Link Epic Games to Steam?

I love ONI and play it all the time.  I bought it through Epic Games including Spaced Out DLC.  Early on, a lot of Mods were put on different forums and message boards.   Lately all of the mods are on Steam.  I can subscribe to them but I can't download them.  Am I missing something?  Is there any ways to link Epic and Steam games (I know I seen Griftlands can do it) so that I can get the mods from Steam?  Is there a way to get the mods off from the Steam to put in the folders like before for Epic Games?  

Some modders provide link to their github where you can download the mod without the steam. This is not required though, and some mods don't have that.

I'm not aware how modding on Epic works, I'm on steam only

36 minutes ago, ERossiIV said:

I love ONI and play it all the time.  I bought it through Epic Games including Spaced Out DLC.  Early on, a lot of Mods were put on different forums and message boards.   Lately all of the mods are on Steam.  I can subscribe to them but I can't download them.  Am I missing something?  Is there any ways to link Epic and Steam games (I know I seen Griftlands can do it) so that I can get the mods from Steam?  Is there a way to get the mods off from the Steam to put in the folders like before for Epic Games?  

Same boat here. I download mods from Github as @pether said and put them manually to C:\Users\Your_user_name\OneDrive\Documents_name_in_your_language\Klei\OxygenNotIncluded\mods\local (your path may vary).

There is no automatic update as far as I understand. So from time to time check for updates on Github.

2 hours ago, ERossiIV said:

Lately all of the mods are on Steam.  I can subscribe to them but I can't download them.  Am I missing something?

Subscribing to a mod seen on steam shouldn't produce an effect on games from EGS, they are separate platforms run from separate companies. That falls in the realm of "as far as I know", however. Not like it hasn't been asked before: https://www.quora.com/Is-it-possible-to-add-mods-from-the-Steam-workshop-to-games-on-other-platforms-such-as-the-Epic-Games-Launcher

I don't consider it the end of things as we know it, though.

This may prove to be an interesting read from the GOG angle, using the official tool from valve steamcmd:

https://www.gog.com/forum/rimworld/guide_how_to_download_mods_directly_from_steam

The thread also has a link to https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/SteamCMD#Downloading_SteamCMD

The app ID number for ONI on steam is 457140, just in case you need that tidbit of info (found in the steam website url, for example)...

image.png.9b9d126bfae2b2be033da23c481d1908.png

Knowing install folder locations and the particular details of EGS is a must. In the end, this all requires some immersion into the command line as well but where there's a will...

Good luck.

Archived