Unable to use steam workshop post update with 99% of mods

So since update (i assume. been a bit since i played but was fine before update) i am unable to use steam workshop for almost any mod. it seems mods uploaded since late March work, but all older mods, which is every mod in my collection, crashes game with a 'missing legacy.bin' error.

i was only able to even launch the game by unsubbing EVERY mod on workshop. resubbing does nothing but crash the game. ONI will not pull mods. manually installing mods to oni/mods/local works, and the mods themselves work, but subbing to almost anything on workshop fails and causes crash due to missing mod.

not a steam issue as every other workshop enabled game pulls files without issue, only ONI's handling of workshop content is busted.

i've done all basic troubleshooting i can think of on my end... so any ideas what's up?

There was a fairly recent update (I think it was earlier this year but frankly the months just merge together when you are playing ONI) that broke a lot of mods.  Although many of the older ones have not been updated by their authors you should be able to find alternative versions if you scan the workshop (often updates of the old mod by someone else).

Are you sure you have a legit version of the game? The requirement for the file ist there since a few updates, so you should have run into this problem way earlier.

If so, try some updater mod that forces the game to get the newest versions. And yes it IS a steam problem, if you wont get the newest versions or even getting the same old version over and over. 

Archived