Is retrofitting possible?

I guess so. Some things get retrofitted some not.  Most worldgen features are unfortunetly not, but you can add (some of) them yourself using debug mode (and get a mod that reenables achivements after this). Other things can get enabled through mods (new meteors on old savefiles for example). Though I wish every feature was retrofitted, I can understand why they aren't. New meteors can be destructive for example, and some people could get unhappy to say the least. I remember when morale system was implemented players were given a choice, play as it was before or play with morale but they were given a boost for like 15 cycles to get everything up and running. System like this would be the best imo. As you know DST has all (or almost all) features retrofitted sooooooo why not ONI too?

Yes it is possible follow the steps.

1. Select the oxygennotincluded game in your library on Steam, right click and select properties
  2. click local files on the left click browse on the right
  3. Create the debug_enable.txt file in the OxygenNotIncluded_Data folder. so a note(.txt) is hollow but its name is debug_enable
  4. open your game normally and login to your old saved game
  5. After entering the game, press the backspace key (the key above enter) and the backspace key.
  6. A menu will open in front of you, select your base with the mouse icon at the top on the right.
  7. After selecting all of them, write "mybase" there and save.
  8. close the game completely, go to your new world, press the backspace button again and find and select your saved template by typing "mybase" from the bottom right.
  9. The template will come to your mouse and paste it.

NOTE: You need to re-adjust the sensors and things that require adjustment. It will be the same as when you first installed it.
I translated from Turkish to English, try to understand if there is a typo in my explanation.

Archived