Liquid deletion bug

I was building one of my flaking boilers for a steam turbine when I noticed one of my liquids is vanishing at an alarming rate.  It seems to destroy over 200 kg of petroleum in less than a cycle.  Is there a known liquid deletion bug with this setup?  The valve is set to 1000 g/s.

image.thumb.png.992eba04dff9df8bd49954893e400205.png

Finally got a "minor upgrade" done to the computer so I can get back to testing. Glad to see you got it sorted out.

The valve is set to 300 g/s in my rendering of the flaking build so it might take some time to show some funny business:

image.thumb.png.9f4ab45a0541a9f85bac0c9ea8009569.png

Yeah, minimizing the contact surfaces will help. Needless to say, it's the only time I've wished for a metal that has worse TC than gold amalgam for this. I'm not too keen on using modded doors for this one part, but I'll jump on the opportunity if Klei ever gives us insulated airlocks...

I'm guessing that the 3 insulation tiles that are shown in the red box are made out of insulation. I tried ceramic once but it will eventually reach a temperature where it will flash the water, even with a tempshift plate (in green).

image.png.228d3aaf84c9843340781b98c1ded330.png

This colony isn't in space yet, those are ceramic.  I did add a steel conveyor bridge across the water which I hope will deal with the occasional flash that happens.  One thing to note is that they border no temp shift plates in the steam room, which avoid a lot of the thermal transfer.

I did get the tiny doors mod and put them in there to get around the door opening heat bug, but I only let myself use them in pairs.  I also added stuff to increase the heat capacity.

I'm using a compressor design in the "water reservoir" area, a good thing is that there is no deletion there (red square).

The upper arrow (blue) shows where the water goes, and the vent pointed by lower arrow (dark red) is immersed in super coolant, but can be anything that won't evaporate in that temperature range, the flashing has been avoided altogether by using an airflow tile so the insulated tile is never touched by liquid, it's a mafic insulated tile. The total of the water used to fill this build was 2500kg.

image.png.4b2e2e5c3944b2c62e5393991d10bd92.png

Archived