Feedback on a couple of changes in QoL update

This huge update is really nice! There are a lot of changes and while majority of them are just from dst, they're still nice to have. Except a few of them are just stuck on my mind for some reason and I want to express how I feel about them. 

- Brighter Dusk. 

Honestly don't really see why it was done other than "be like dst". A change like that would be hella welcomed for a portable version of the game but for PC? Idk, I feel like it was absolutely fine. 

- Rabbit Earmuffs now don't require science and Catcoon Hat having cheaper recipe. 

Those changes are ported from dst too, and I don't think they really accomplish much. Earmuffs were changed to not require science to help new players who joined during Winter in dst. It would be nice for them to have more bonuses since that situation doesn't really occur in solo Don't Starve because it's, well, solo. About Catcoon Hat: I'm pretty sure this is the only item where Catcoon tails are used in crafting and, well, it's not that good. It's pretty much just worse Winter Hat. It would be nice if it had the same insulation as Winter Hat but higher sanity gain or even was some sort of "rule breaker" and instead of having 60 or 120 or 240 insulation and had 180.

- Armor breaking blocking as effectively when still in one piece. 

I liked the way it worked before because it made you worry a bit more about durability of your armor when it was at low percent. That's it, just a personal opinion. 

Some suggestions for new QoL changes:

- Breezy vest having 120 insulation instead of laughably low 60;

- Bramble Traps being more effective by either having more damage or having nice interaction like auto-resetting themselves when near blooming Wormwood;

- Nightmare amulet's cost being reduced and it's durability increased;

- Armor crafted from alloy having higher damage absorption;

- Lazy explorer being refuable/repairable in some way or working with cooldown and being infinite;

- Remove time limit from Maxwell's shadows and give those poor guys some health regeneration. Maybe even decrease their max sanity cost so you could summon more of them? 

Suggestions that might step a bit too far:

- It would be really nice if fertilizing yourself with compost Wrap as Wormwood would advance your current bloom stage no matter the season and reset you back on the previous one after some time (2.5 days for example) if it's not Spring/Monsoon/Lush season. 

- Give Werebeaver ability to swim? Poor Woodie could use some help with his mutation on water. 

Thank you for taking your time to read this :]

Oops, just realized I posted this in a wrong forum section. 

Brighter dusk  

I really needed this, it's a HUGE gameplay helper for me. I spend a lot of time in front of a computer every day, and have been wearing glasses since I was a teenager - suffice to say, my eyesight is only getting worse and worse as the years go on. When I play DS at certain times of the (real life) day, I'm literally squinting and leaning close to my monitor to make out dark shapes during (in-game) dusk ... something as simple as charcoal can be nearly impossible to see and just blend into the background texture. If they don't have the ability to sharpen resolution in the game and go HD, this is a good compromise.   

Rabbit Earmuffs / Catcoon Hat  

Agree with you on this, I don't think it was necessary. In DS, players choose their starting season, they aren't thrown into whatever random season it happens to be like DST servers. Since the player is choosing their season, they should have to deal with the consequences and overcome struggles they encounter. I mean, why not make Lights Out mode allow me to craft a Lantern to begin? Same thing.  

Armor breaking / durability  

I'm pretty sure damage absorption changing with durability was a bug introduced somewhere along the way. I seem to remember the earlier days of DS and RoG being X amount of damage taken from mobs being split among all equipped armor, regardless of durability. I might be mixing it up with some other armor bug though, it has been a number of years, LOL. I don't mind the change, it's much more predictable now.

Archived