[BETA] CGSM - Cluster Generation Settings Manager

CGSM, Cluster Generation Settings Manger - A Spaced Out mod for controlling starmap creation

This mod allows the player to customize the size of the starmap, the starting planetoid, warp planetoid, and which other planetoids are included/excluded from the starmap. Additionally players can choose which harvestable and artifact POIs are available in the cluster. Does the Gassy Moo planetoid annoy you? Delete it. Do you want larger distances between planetoids to test your rocketry skills? Increase the default starmap size.

This mod is currently in beta. I would like to collect some early adopter feedback before making it more broadly available on the Steam workshop. In the current version all spaced out planetoids are supported. Additionally non-standard starts on the Marshy and Tundra planetoids have been added.

How to Install

CGSM v0.9.124 zip is available on GitHub. Extract the contents of the release ZIP to the Local mods folder, creatingLocalif necessary:

• Windows: %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Klei\OxygenNotIncluded\mods\local
    Replace the documents path with the path to your Documents folder if this folder has been redirected.
  • Mac OS: /Users/user name/Library/Application Support/unity.Klei.Oxygen Not Included/mods/Local
    Replace user name with your user name. Folder name is case sensitive
  • Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Klei/Oxygen Not Included/mods/Local
    Folder name is case sensitive

Enable the mod in the Mods menu and restart the game. CGSM is only compatible with the Spaced Out! DLC enabled but should also run on the vanilla game.

Problems?

Crashes or bugs that occur will be easier to fix if reported on the GitHub Issues page rather than this thread. Please include logs with any reports:

• Windows: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Klei\Oxygen Not Included\Player.log
  • Mac: ~/Library/Logs/Klei/Oxygen Not Included/Player.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Klei/Oxygen Not Included/Player.log

NewGame.jpg

PlanetoidOptions.jpg

PoiOptions.jpg

Starmap.jpg

MixedCluster.jpg

tundra_start.jpg

can you add some "Random" options for starting and warp asteroids? maybe for includes as well? I'd love to explore my map to discover what's there, right now I remember all configs and nothing surpises me anymore...

Does it work with modded worlds? eg. Baator or Snakes?

v0.9.124 release with support for starting on the Marshy or Tundra planetoids. The Marshy start should be survivable with plenty of access to pacu, mushrooms, polluted o2, and with teleporters accessible with a level 1 digger. The Tundra start I expect should be harder than starts on Flipped or Radioactive Ocean in the base game and might even be impossible due to food & teleporter access requiring digging level 2. Feedback from early play testers would be helpful.

All CGSM clusters will now also have story traits disabled for the time being.

5 hours ago, bughouse26 said:

The Tundra start I expect should be harder than starts on Flipped or Radioactive Ocean in the base game and might even be impossible due to food & teleporter access requiring digging level 2. Feedback from early play testers would be helpful.

There are fans of challenging starts out there, I believe it is fine one of the option is harder.

I don't have much time for ONI now, but I'm super excited to play with this mod later in the future!

Archived