Maybe a newbie question about sending skin-pack for gift.

Is there any history about the skin-pack?

I want to send my friends some skin-packs for gifts, but now only some all-characters big pack can be sent. 

He only likes Wendy, I want to buy him Wendy's pack, but can't send.

Why not all packs giftable? What's the story?

Some packs are a DLC for the game- those are gift able. For example, I gifted my friends a valentine's day pack 3 years ago. You can find the gift able packs on steam in the DLC list- there you can easily buy them without even going in-game and gift them.

Some packs and skins are in-game transactions, meaning only you can buy them for yourself. This is to avoid clutter- there is already a long list of DST DLC on steam because of the skins, and they tend to scare people off, thinking they need to spend all that money in order to have the full experience, Klei puts only some packs there to not stretch that list too long.

If the pack you want is not gift able, I'm afraid your only option is giving them a steam gift card with enough money for them to purchase one. Or choose a different pack that is a DLC.

13 hours ago, BezKa said:

Some packs are a DLC for the game- those are gift able. For example, I gifted my friends a valentine's day pack 3 years ago. You can find the gift able packs on steam in the DLC list- there you can easily buy them without even going in-game and gift them.

Some packs and skins are in-game transactions, meaning only you can buy them for yourself. This is to avoid clutter- there is already a long list of DST DLC on steam because of the skins, and they tend to scare people off, thinking they need to spend all that money in order to have the full experience, Klei puts only some packs there to not stretch that list too long.

If the pack you want is not gift able, I'm afraid your only option is giving them a steam gift card with enough money for them to purchase one. Or choose a different pack that is a DLC.

Got it. Thanks

Archived