It's been 6 years since we didn't get Baby Water Beefalo (Ox)

Thalkas

According to forum it is almost 6 years since we get last update "Home Sea Home" with themed teaser picture. But one small thing is missing or maybe big in his tiny form.
Home_sea_Home_forums_sm.jpg

image.png.5bc0e9bbf7bdabfdb450a5e27b0a857e.png

Also when update got released/was in beta brach a lot of people datamined some other stuff. Enough stuff for one more polishing update with:

• Creatures:
  1. Floaty Boaty Bishop (pre-done)
  2. Floaty Boaty Rook (pre-done)
  3. Kelpy (pre-done but not sure what he should be)
  4. Jungle's Treeguard (pre-done) and Mangrove's Treeguard (concept art) and Krampus-like's Treeguard/Seaguard (concept art)
  5. Rats! (pre-done)
  • Stuff:
  1. Hydroponic Fast Farmplot (On-Water Farm)
  2. Seacucumber (On-Water Plant)
  3. Seataro (On-Water Plant)
  4. Watercress (On-Water Plant)
  5. Teeth Mine (On-Water Mine)

With latest QoL update for singleplayer there is small fire spark that we can finally get these things/mobs? Or they are forever digged in Don't Starve's grave?

Most of unimplemented features you can find on Don't Starve wiki. For example HERE or HERE.

Notice how the Tar Lamp is also floating on water even though it doesn't function like that in the game :p

The baby ox though has been one of my bigger annoyance in terms of the unimplemented stuff. Mods have been able to piece them back together with what exists already, very very well I might add, but they really should be in the vanilla game instead of just spawning an adult as the "baby".

On 3/15/2023 at 1:37 PM, KitGlom said:

I just want to know when they will add lightning rod for sea so we can have a floating sea base.

Hardly anything on the ocean that you can build burns. heres a handy little list.

Spoiler

NOT FLAMMABLE
- Brainy Sprout
- Seaweed
- Wreck
- Sea Chest
- Sea Yard
- Chest of the Depths
- Steamer Trunk
- Buoy
- Fish Farm
- Watery Grave