Giveaway : 1 Humble Store Key and 2 Steam Codes of Don't Starve!

tribes33

Hello there, I bought the game and I don't need the Steam codes and I don't want to give the humble key to a friend, so I'll give it away here!

How to enter : Tell me which code you want, the Humble store or the Steam code, and say why you should be picked, easy as that!

By the way, if you want to see some gameplay videos, subscribe to my Youtube channel : www.youtube.com/TheTribes44

I will announce the winners when I get the time, but it will probably be before this week's Friday.

The winners will be announced here and they will be messaged the key they wanted.

Good luck to you all!! :D

EDIT : I can only give out 1 Humble Store key and 1 Steam Code because my friend really wanted the game so I kinda had to give him it, sorry for this but hey there is still a chance for you 2 people!

EDIT : The winners are cnkandrew and jansoft88! Enjoy your games!

Edited by tribes33
Had to enter the winners

I would like the steam code, I am a very dedicated independent fan, but unfortunately funds are short as of now and I am unable to purchase this game. I love that you are supporting these great developers and even if I don't get a key thank you for being a great part of the community.

i would love a steam key, not for me, but my brother, i am sure he would love this game as he is very fond of survival games, i already acquired this for myself by trading 2 dota 2 keys for a single steam key.

if i do not receive a key, i must still thank you for your generosity towards another human being as such things are rare these days :p

Jansoft88, I believe that both keys/copies you get by buying from steam will be steam copies. You may be able to turn a steam key into a chrome key. I thought I saw something about that somewhere, but I can't recall where. It may be best to email Klei directly about that, or to request a refund from steam if you thought you were buying a chrome key when you really weren't.

I would like to humbly request a steam copy of Don't Starve. My mainstay computer of 3+ years finally went out of commission recently due to hardware issues. Since then I've been using a hand-me-down laptop for my computing needs, but I've gone from being able to run games like Skyrim and Civilization V to barely being able to run League of Legends on the lowest settings, and being unable to run most games that have any form of traditional 3D graphics (Orcs Must Die 2, for instance). The loss of Civ 5 is especially painful since I have over 450 hours played on it, and I very much miss it. I spend the majority of my free time gaming, and of late I've been reduced to trying to find browser flash games to fill the void. Based on my quick test of the Don't Starve demo in chrome my laptop can run the game with just occasional lag, which given Don't Starve's style wouldn't be hard to play around. With a steam copy I can also make sure that no other programs are running when I play, which will likely improve its performance.

Buying Don't Starve isn't really an option for me since I am running on a very limited budget right now. I have a bachelor's degree in creative writing, and I've found just enough writing, editing, and tutoring work to keep me afloat, but between bills and student loans I just don't have discretionary income. The good thing about the work I'm doing is that I make a relatively good hourly wage, but it is difficult to wrangle up enough freelance work to keep me as busy as I'd like. With how things are now I have a fairly large amount of free time that I can only spend playing sub-par games.

The games that have stepped up since my main system went down have been roguelikes like Binding of Isaac and FTL. Don't Starve seems to fit that roguelike mold in many areas, and I've always been partial to off-beat, indie, and survival games in general so it seems like I would enjoy the game for a long time. If you do select me for a copy please feel free to send me a direct message on this forum, or I can provide my email and steam name upon request.

I apologize if this post is lengthier than you'd like, but I wanted to explain my situation in some detail to show that your copy would be going to a good home. Thanks for your consideration and for your generosity in general to give away your extra copy for free!

Sorry for anyone who read this before I caught it :p. It was just another instance of what I posted earlier on this page, for some reason I wasn't seeing it as having posted at all and I went to post it again. Carry on!

Edited by cnkandrew

I would like the steam code for the game Don't Starve.

Why I think I should be picked is because I love games, and more often than not end up watching them played on twitch.tv or youtube channels such as yours (which I subscribed to and watched some of your stuff btw I like the bl2 stuff since I can't run those types of games myself) instead of playing them myself. I already have tons of hours in Binding of Isaac and would like a new game, and this one seems right up my alley.