Series: A Guide to Rushing Pearl's Pearl (Now with the actual rush)

Hello all! I have been meaning to share my own footage of rushing the Pearl’s pearl for the last month or so, but since I’m struggling with serious IRL issues lately and couldn’t find the time to record a run I was satisfied with, I decided to instead create a guide series on rushing Pearl’s pearl in a reliable and semi-casual manner. The series will of course end with me rushing the Pearl eventually, so tune in:D

This video is the part 1 of the series, and here I will be sharing some tips about admittedly the most boring topic in DST: fishing. Don’t expect any advanced techniques or such, I just couldn’t find any sufficient guides on the ocean and fishing, so I decided to make one myself. I hope it’s at least decent enough for you too.

In the video, I will provide a somewhat detailed perspective into catching heavy fish, and where biome-exclusive fish spawn in the ocean. I will also show some tips on how to identify ocean biomes with regards to their depths, especially for people who suck at using their eyes such as myself. I always struggled to separate the swell ocean from the rough and coastal oceans whenever the boundaries were thin, and hopefully I’m not alone.

Anyways, one last thing (hiding in spoiler because I don’t like making self-promotion on the forums):

Spoiler

I always feel guilty after sharing my content here, so I would appreciate it if those who want to see more of these series (or anything from me) would engage over on YouTube by any means (subscribe, leave a comment, a like or even a dislike, etc.). Even though I don’t have many content nor views, I enjoy making my videos, but I always feel bad whenever I crowd the general discussion with such topics. However, most of my viewers reach me from here. I want to change that while still being able to find the motiviation to share more stuff.

I don’t do speedruns because of time limitations and lack of patience, but I want to at least share some intermediate to advanced stuff I found out, or even just my gameplay, with others who enjoy playing the game the way I do. Rushes and character-specific strategies, both with minimal to no cheese/exploits, are among my favorite types of videos, so expect more of those.

I will continue posting on this thread until I finish the series, but I’m planning on making only 2 more videos for it. So if enough people show their support, I will very gladly stop posting here for future content and instead crowd your community feed on YouTube:)

Enjoy the video:D

Part 1:

Spoiler

Part 2:

Spoiler

Part 3:

Spoiler

There is much easier, faster and reliable method to identify ocean biomes (coastal, swell, rough): looking at the shape of waves.

Coastal:

Spoiler

588574359_.thumb.png.0604d9bb91d39cabb9460f67460f82f2.png

Swell:

Spoiler

677930627_.thumb.png.6e0a6a3222c040b9ac6515f09810709f.png

Rough:

Spoiler

56028994_.thumb.png.9af338b34a32c1127771b6a97a90879d.png

As one can see, waves of coastal ocean look like thin lines, in swell ocean waves are spiky but still small, and in rough ocean there are a lot of overlapping (double/triple) waves which are also bigger than in swell ocean and look more dynamic in game.

13 minutes ago, EighteenXVIII said:

If you do the next part, one useful tip is to use the flowers you have to plant on her island to craft a pretty parasol when it's raining. It's a scienceless craft, so it doesn't require anything else besides grass and twigs and it means you don't need to bring an umbrella.

No worries, the next part will involve some tips about that too, let me give you a little bit of spoiler though:D I would argue it is not the best decision to solely rely on the pretty parasol. Not saying it's a bad option, but since I would still recommend hammering down at least 6 pig houses for the whole questline, you could also not waste the pig skin you gathered along the way if you manage to get enough silk. Which is more than often the case.

So if you happen to not see enough spider dens on your way to the Hermit Island, I would say the pretty parasol would save you in that situation, otherwise a regular umbrella is far more reliable because of its lack of spoilage and accessibility to its resources.

Hey all, part 2 is here. This time I will be talking about the actual gameplan for the rush, and as always, I hope someone finds this video useful!

The gameplan is primarily shaped by the necessity to be on the Hermit Island during the first autumn rain. This is why I will talk a lot more about the tasks that can be reliably finished before it rains. If you follow the tips in the video, you will need to sail back to the mainland only 1 more time at most, and not at all if you are lucky enough.

Part 3 will be my own footage showcasing these tips in an actual gameplay. I have already recorded a couple of succesful attempts, but I haven't decided yet whether I should upload my earliest or my most avarage attempt. The latter has the advantage of showing the most likely scenario when luck isn't involved at all, and I would love to hear your suggestions on this topic.

Anyways, here is the video:D

Hello all, part 3 a.k.a. my own rush for Pearl’s pearl is here! There is not much to say for this video other than the fact that I’ve constructed the gameplan for this rush to be as casual as possible (and that it’s quite long, but I added timestamps just for this reason). I hope you enjoy it and find it useful:D It was really fun to record this series, so huge thanks to everyone who checked it out.

Archived