Will we get Shadow Servants that stay loaded after traveling somewhere else?

Overall I'm really happy with the rework but I was really hoping we would be able to leave our servants to chop trees or pick grass in base while we go off to do something else. It's really annoying when i walk to far and they just disappear. The ability to load terrain should be on the shadow servants, something like a psudo-player, so stuff this this doesnt happen. 

This idea would go very well with the suggestion of having an "unsummon all" button.

Like, you leave workers to do their thing in an area, move on to other things (or move away from a hound wave/seasonal boss to protect them) and whenever you need the stunted sanity, if their timer didn't run out yet, you just unsummon them wherever you are. You can then come back later to pick up the stacks of their tidy work.

THIS! I kept forgetting to write on forums about this but it was my first thought when i realized you had to stay within the render distance for servants to remain. It would be wonderfully efficient to be able to just "set it and forget it" on a dense area of trees or graves or boulders. Multi tasking is the big appeal to me for having followers that do tasks. (one of my few gripes with Wurt is that she has to be basically hugging the tree/boulder for the merms to actually get to work and so I feel bored when i just watch em slowly waddle over to the boulder that I could have already mined myself.) 

13 minutes ago, ThymeSpirit said:

Wouldn't that create performance issues, like what happens already when there are too many players on the server? Each Maxwell would essentially add 6-7 players, which might quickly become too much for weaker hardware.

They don't need to have a huge loaded area like players. They only need a small one inside of their work zone.

Archived