Shadow Servants should not dig mushrooms/chopped mushcaps

Edit: Invalid suggestion due to misunderstanding about mushcap mechanics! Feel free to lock.

Just a super quick suggestion:

Since they aren't a naturally regenerating object, I'd like to see mushrooms/chopped mushcaps no longer dug up from Maxwell's servants. Currently, this unfortunately means his servants are of no help in the caves when trying to harvest mushrooms. As soon as the mushtree is chopped, they'll just get shoveled up and destroyed forever.

In general, I think the shadow Servants should err on the side of caution and never permanently destroy any objects, and mushcaps are the main thing that I've noticed are a problem.

(Good rework overall though! Only thing I've found myself wanting is a spell to dismiss all my shadows, and I still think he should enter the constant with tier 1 magic unlocked. He feels like a viable and fun character now.)

3 hours ago, OMEGASCRUFF said:

As soon as the mushtree is chopped, they'll just get shoveled up and destroyed forever.

This is a myth that I believed for a long time and was proven wrong. Mushtrees regrow by world regrowth, regardless if their stump was dug or not.
They do take a long time to do so though, but the new caves regrowth settings let you place them on "faster" if you dislike their normal regrowth.

Also servants don't dig normal mushrooms, they only hand pick them as if you did without any tools when they are out, and those grow again with any rain.

I think their behavior is normal here, and I really wouldn't mess with this. I can think of many situations where I'd like them to chop the mushtrees.

1 hour ago, CameoAppearance said:

If they currently don't dig up mushrooms

They don't (just tested them again, to make sure)

1 hour ago, CameoAppearance said:

then... no problem? Everything sounds fine in that case. 

Yup. For some strange reason, OP's request keeps harvesting likes even though its based on false premises.

6 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

This is a myth that I believed for a long time and was proven wrong. Mushtrees regrow by world regrowth, regardless if their stump was dug or not.
They do take a long time to do so though, but the new caves regrowth settings let you place them on "faster" if you dislike their normal regrowth.

Also servants don't dig normal mushrooms, they only hand pick them as if you did without any tools when they are out, and those grow again with any rain.

I think their behavior is normal here, and I really wouldn't mess with this. I can think of many situations where I'd like them to chop the mushtrees.

Thanks for the info! Yes I specifically meant the mushcaps in the caves.

So, it seems like there might be some misinformation about how mushcaps respawn. It looks like they behave very differently between DST and RoG which might be the source of confusion. You're right about the myth it seems. I just tested this a bit too. They just never change from stump or dug, whether it's raining or a full moon or the right season or anything. Gone forever.

Seems my suggestion is invalid due to a misunderstanding in mechanics. Didn't realize the dug mushcap regrowing into mushcaps on full moon thing was single player only!

Thanks for the help. Learned something at least. Maybe someone else who reads this didn't know either.

Archived