Stop turf raiser helm from digging up turf when first equiped

Any time you want to check or change what turf is inside the hat, you have to equip it. Then the hat instantly digs up whatever turf you were standing on, and you have to replace it. It's annoying, unnecessary, and wastes durability.

It should only dig up turf after you move (probably into a new tile). This new behavior is even consistent with its other behavior as if you add new stack of turf into it when equipped it won't instantly place it where you're standing, you have to move.

I guess the problem here would be that you can't just toggle it on your head for a split second to dig up the exact tile you are standing on without moving anymore.

I'd say instead allow to "open" the helmet from the inventory using the right mouse button to check and/or replace the contents instead. Easier than swapping on the helmet to get the contents, yet doesn't disable the "quick dig" option.

19 minutes ago, Daniel86268 said:

I guess the problem here would be that you can't just toggle it on your head for a split second to dig up the exact tile you are standing on without moving anymore.

I'd say instead allow to "open" the helmet from the inventory using the right mouse button to check and/or replace the contents instead. Easier than swapping on the helmet to get the contents, yet doesn't disable the "quick dig" option.

That would probably work as well. It could act like a tackle box. If they go that route then I think it should also place turf when it's equipped and a new turf stack is added, so you don't have to run onto another tile and back, like how it works now.

Archived