Shadow duelists dont need any nerf

i ve been testing with the duelists, they are powerfull indeed but they are not an universal trick that can defeat every single enemy on the game. Almost all the tactics with them require engage, practice and skill. He is powerfull and nerfing the shadows to take less hits or do less dmg will make them once again underwhelming and uselles, because the time you spent resummoning them you could spend it on doing the fight normally.

The important part is how is the character going to play when using a Console Controller?? PC players get a completely busted OP Experience because they have a mouse reticle to AIM WHAT THEY WANT WHERE THEY WANT TO CAST IT… You ever seen a CONSOLE player effectively use the On Tentacles book as Wickerbottom? I have completely removed this book from my crafting list because I can’t cast the tentacles where I want them they just sorta spawn under my feet.

I’ve only seen PC point and click mouse usage for Maxwells rework, I’ve yet to see people play him using an Xbox controller and provide feedback on how much easier/harder it is to play & cast his spells. I just want everyone to keep in mind that what may be EXTREMELY Broken for PC and OP may only Half-Work or not even work that great all for Console players: And any nerfs made to the character has to account for us console players.

12 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

The important part is how is the character going to play when using a Console Controller?? PC players get a completely busted OP Experience because they have a mouse reticle to AIM WHAT THEY WANT WHERE THEY WANT TO CAST IT… You ever seen a CONSOLE player effectively use the On Tentacles book as Wickerbottom? I have completely removed this book from my crafting list because I can’t cast the tentacles where I want them they just sorta spawn under my feet.

Thats exactly how on tentacles works for pc. They spawn under your feet on purpose. Build something to stop them from doing that or run away after casting. 

i dont think the location of spawning matters much, the duelists will seek out the enemies on their own, its cool to spawn the duelists closer to bosses but i doubt it actually helps much.

it sounds like the spells might end up being annoying for u though, their placement matters a lot

14 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I’ve only seen PC point and click mouse usage for Maxwells rework, I’ve yet to see people play him using an Xbox controller and provide feedback on how much easier/harder it is to play & cast his spells. I just want everyone to keep in mind that what may be EXTREMELY Broken for PC and OP may only Half-Work or not even work that great all for Console players: And any nerfs made to the character has to account for us console players.

And thats sad man, im sorry to hear that but i hate to be like this: the game is not balanced around consoles. Nerfs do not need to “account for us console players”

if its broken for pc its still broken for consoles; you just cant control your character as well. Thats a separate issue. They need to work on console controls. But that doesnt mean its not broken and shouldn’t be fixed.

8 minutes ago, Gi-Go said:

Killing deerclops as Wanda is cheaper than as Maxwell. Fact not an opinion. 

I’ll do the math so we dont have to agree to disagree.

ASSUMING you already have the alarming clock and the backstep watch (lmao cheaper) it takes 29 hits to kill deerclops at full old lady status So 30% of its durability aka 1.2 nightmare fuels. Assuming she dodges perfectly (otherwise armor comes into play, and maxwell doesn’t need that stuff) its pretty efficient

maxwell summons two rounds of shadows to kill deerclops typically, i’ll run some testing to see if he can get away with less, but thats 2.2 nightmare fuel.

huh, it seems like you got me, a fully set up wanda who dodges perfectly and is old the whole time IS slightly cheaper than a maxwell who just summons two rounds of shadow duelists. 

arent you glad you proved that it is pretty OP that the best gatherer is about as good at wanda when it comes to combat efficiency too while not even needing to dodge perfectly or even fight at all.

also some guy said he used 5 nightmare fuel for dragonfly, and wanda requires exactly 8 fuel and 1 extra swing, assuming they were telling the truth (and they probably were) then wanda isnt just flat out more efficient or something rediculous like that

After further testing, its actually a fairly close fight with 2 rounds of shadows, i doubt i could skim by with less, but hey i did prove i could spawn deerclops in and kill him with zero effort as maxwell day 1

Archived