(Suggestions) Maxwell Rework Ideas

So here were the ideas I was mulling over when the rework was first hinted a while back. As I stated in the announcement thread today, I wanted to see what the team was thinking of first before writing this up.

1) Echo Shadows

Somewhat similar to the duelists, these echos would be instead directly tied to Maxwell's actions (i.e. attacking). These could appear/function a couple ways: After Maxwell strikes an enemy, a second attack would be thrown by a shadow echo, visually to make sure the player knows the effect is active, they'd have a shadow outlining their character, perhaps with a slight reverberation.

Echo is removed upon taking damage or after a set time, whichever occurs first.

Alternate version: Summons an echo puppet that walks closely alongside the player who summoned it and mimics actions 1:1. Cannot be healed, 75 HP.

Either version would require locking 80 sanity to maintain. Echos strike with whatever weapon the player is using

2) Shadow Hand Extendo-Reach

Charlie isn't the only one who controls these, at the cost of sanity (and maybe a fuel) Maxwell can grab distant objects. Visually this would utilize the unarmed attack animation before sending out a fast moving shadow hand to retrieve the item. Single Use.

3) Moon-infused Shadow Puppet

(Endgame-ish) Rudimentary tinkering with the moon-touched creatures allow Maxwell to summon a single moon puppet that will act like a duelist, but with the added benefit of actually being able to attack shadows. Shadow puppets cannot be used while this one is active, also locks sanity, though in the opposite direction (i.e. you cannot drop below X sanity, say... 40?)

Archived