IDEA: More uses for turfs

There are 5 "man made" floors/turfs in the game, with some having special effects:

Cobblestone: speed boost

Scaled Flooring: fire proof

Wooden Flooring: :c

Carpeted Flooring: :c

Checkerboard Flooring: :c

You know what I would love to see? The tree latter items to gain some kind of a minor use to make them more attractive to player;
Carpeted Flooring: You know what carpets are used for? Insulation! I think it would only make sense for the carpet to give a minor protection from freezing during winter (standing on this during summer slightly speeds up overheating). The opposite could go with the cold and stony Checkerboard Flooring, being slightly beneficial for summer season. So, what is left for the Wooden Flooring? Rain protection. :D

While the Scaled Flooring has an effect, I quite dislike its execution. It only increase the time things need to catch on fire so it makes it that wildfires are no different on this turf or elsewhere, so usually I just ignore this turf and make use of some other fire prevention solutions. Also long lasting fires (consecutively burning fire hounds) pretty much neglect the effect as well. I only wish for an upgrade of how they work in a simplified logic : no smoldering possible at all on here.

6 hours ago, MA7xGE said:

There are 5 "man made" floors/turfs in the game, with some having special effects:

Don't neglect the 4 additional manmade turds added in this most recent update (grey, blue, and red mosaic tiles plus fancy carpeting) and the newly capable of crafting ruin ancient tile variants.

19 hours ago, GamePlayer42 said:

i dont think wooden flooring fits with rain protection, maybe small 25% action speed increase (crafting, cooking in the fire)

This is genious!

On 10/31/2022 at 5:32 PM, ADM said:

While the Scaled Flooring has an effect, I quite dislike its execution. It only increase the time things need to catch on fire so it makes it that wildfires are no different on this turf or elsewhere, so usually I just ignore this turf and make use of some other fire prevention solutions. Also long lasting fires (consecutively burning fire hounds) pretty much neglect the effect as well. I only wish for an upgrade of how they work in a simplified logic : no smoldering possible at all on here.

This is a pity! The harder to get flooring with at least a somewhat useful effect doesn't even do it's job properly.

On 10/31/2022 at 5:38 PM, dzzydzzy said:

Don't neglect the 4 additional manmade turds added in this most recent update (grey, blue, and red mosaic tiles plus fancy carpeting) and the newly capable of crafting ruin ancient tile variants.

Yeeeeeah, that's a good point. However, they share their crafting recipes with Checkered flooring and Carpeted flooring, respectively, so maybe they should share effects as well? :)

Archived