Egg-meat inconsistency

This latest update has made the situation with egg-based dishes even more inconsistent than it was before.

Right now, the new egg dishes are classified as meats, and are thus unable to be eaten by Wurt. This being despite the fact that both waffles and puffed potato soufflé also require eggs, and yet are not classified as meats. Eggs in general also occupy their own food type when it comes to crockpot dishes, allowing them to be used as filler in most veggie/fruit dishes, but are also tagged as "meat", meaning they will be eaten by hounds, and Bunnymen will attack you for having them.

In my opinion, it would be better to just remove the meat tag from eggs and these new dishes, since I do not think that it feels very natural for hounds to be eating eggs, or for Bunnymen to attack you purely for having an egg on you (it's not like they attack you for having things like dragonfly scales or beefalo fur, after all). I also don't think Wigfrid needs the option to eat these.

Otherwise, I'd say just be more consistent and add a meat tag to soufflé and waffles. If it's a dish that requires eggs, and eggs are to remain meats, then the behavior should be consistent.

4 minutes ago, Flarezen said:

Probably simpler to label eggs as meats then having a very specific label for them, however realistically eggs can be part of a vegetarian diet, since wurt can eat honey and milk as well.

They wouldn't need a specific label - as you mentioned honey and milk can be eaten by wurt despite not being veggies. Foods don't have to be labelled, simply removing the meat tag would make it so eggs can be eaten by merms/wurt without allowing them to be eaten by beefalo or having the wurt hunger bonus. RN the way it works is that if a dish doesn't contain meat, and is edible by players, wurt can eat it. But she only gets a hunger bonus for food tagged as veggie.

1 hour ago, Masked Koopa said:

This latest update has made the situation with egg-based dishes even more inconsistent than it was before.

Right now, the new egg dishes are classified as meats, and are thus unable to be eaten by Wurt. This being despite the fact that both waffles and puffed potato soufflé also require eggs, and yet are not classified as meats. Eggs in general also occupy their own food type when it comes to crockpot dishes, allowing them to be used as filler in most veggie/fruit dishes, but are also tagged as "meat", meaning they will be eaten by hounds, and Bunnymen will attack you for having them.

In my opinion, it would be better to just remove the meat tag from eggs and these new dishes, since I do not think that it feels very natural for hounds to be eating eggs, or for Bunnymen to attack you purely for having an egg on you (it's not like they attack you for having things like dragonfly scales or beefalo fur, after all). I also don't think Wigfrid needs the option to eat these.

Otherwise, I'd say just be more consistent and add a meat tag to soufflé and waffles. If it's a dish that requires eggs, and eggs are to remain meats, then the behavior should be consistent.

In terms of consistency Bunnymen shouldn't attack survivors that carry eggs around. They don't attack for life animals in the inventory, because those life animals haven't been murdered (yet). Eggs also have not been murdered regardless of wether they are considered to be alive in the first place.

Plain Omelette and Tall Scotch Eggs both accept meat as fillers, but don't require it. As long as meat is possible, they should remain meat recipes. Breakfast Stillet turns into Pierogi, if meat is added, so it really doesn't make any sense, that it should be tagged as a meat dish. Breakfast Stillet can never contain meat.
I do agree, it would be a lot more consistent, if Plain Omelette, Tail Scotch Eggs and Breakfast Stillet were tagged as non-meat dishes while also not accepting any meat as fillers.

Archived