Megabase grand opening prep?

So my world is approaching day 3000 soon and I was thinking about opening it up publicly for the day (and maybe longer if it goes well). What should I build/have on my megabase to prepare for strangers to pop into my precious world?

Example of things I'm considering: chest at the florid postern with a bunch of supplies they can take, a sign there too that says welcome and to take stuff, a cobblestone road from postern to my megabase for them to follow, berries planted near postern for easy snacks, making map scrolls and compass for ppl to use, etc.

Or like, should I test them to make sure they are worthy of hanging out in my base? Like a maze of walls near postern with trap tentacles and 1 tentacle spike to fight with or something? LOLLLLL 

Whatever you do, back up your world! I spent a lot of time running long term worlds for the public and have acquired a little data on player tendencies. About 20-25% of players that join will only want to destroy/steal everything which can ruin the fun for the other 75-80%. Don't let that happen! Have established rules and a plan to enforce them so everyone knows what is and isn't okay. 

Running a public world can be highly rewarding but equally frustrating. Definitely give it a try and don't be discouraged when some sessions are complete disasters. You'll mostly meet a lot of really cool people that are excited to explore your world and play with good team mates. Don't let the few bad eggs keep you from having what's imo the BEST Don't Starve Together experience. 

Archived