Tempering Temperatures should unfreeze frozen players and allied mobs. And Pyrokinetics should be able to extinguish burning players/mobs.

Being able to unfreeze allied entities would be very nice against Crab King, Deerclops, Klaus and ice hounds. In multiplayer settings it would be a nice way to cover new players in these fights, especially against klaus which can be very hectic and punishing with a lot of new players. Also would be nice to unfreeze grumble bees in crabking fight instead of having to spam mini stars. 

It just feels like the book should be able to do this. 

Pyrokinetics not being able to extinguish burning players/mobs feels like a bug/oversight? At least thats what it looks like when u try to use it in a burning forest and it extinguishes everything except the panicking spiders.. 

this would mainly be useful against klaus again, and would be a nice way to support minion masters like Wurt and Webber. Followers spend a lot of time panicking around cuz of the fire spell. 

——

these two books r very niche and thats okay but even in their little niches they dont cover everything that they could which is unfortunate

• Developer
40 minutes ago, Ohan said:

Pyrokinetics not being able to extinguish burning players/mobs feels like a bug/oversight? At least thats what it looks like when u try to use it in a burning forest and it extinguishes everything except the panicking spiders..

The book in my tests extinguishes creatures and other players but the animation for it for them to go out fully is delayed compared to other things, do you experience something different?

12 minutes ago, JesseB_Klei said:

The book in my tests extinguishes creatures and other players but the animation for it for them to go out fully is delayed compared to other things, do you experience something different?

I justed tested it again and that is indeed the case, my apologies i shouldve tested it better. 

I mustve been fooled by the lingering burning animation, or the burning got reapplied instantly on my followers by the klaus fire spell and i didnt notice. 

The damage does indeed stop immediately after the book is read but the fire animation doesnt disappear at once. (Idk how i didnt catch this on my own character hp bar :wilson_facepalm:

Now we need a 10 second burn DoT for this ability to truly shine :-D

This is great, thanks for the reply! 

Would be awesome if Tempering T. could become the counterpart to this and dispel freezing no? :rolleyes:

Archived