IMG_20220812_033355.jpg.5e481a06584e0f0d7154ce999c230571.jpg I have spent a lot of time playing DST Console Edition, and the most frustrating thing in the whole game is the TERRIBLE placement of console edition, i have wasted so many hours  trying to place chests and such with symmetry and i feel that that is taking  a lot of time that i could be otherwise be spending to actually playing the game. 

I have seen a bunch of streamers playing DST on steam with an XBOX controller while using all the mods they have installed no problem 

But, let's focus on the most important mod of the whole game, Geometric Placement.

Now i know mods are against Microsoft's ToS but my point is, why not ADD the mod to the base game as a feature with a simple on/off switch in the settings? 

I don't think i am alone when i say that the placement system is the reason why I dont even waste my time megabasing or making cool builds i am insipired to make, seeing structures off center and grass and twigs not being in line is just so annoying.

I don't know much about the process that this change would need and if there is a reason it has not yet been done, but i would please like to know about it.

Thanks for reading.

I honestly hate the whole grid thing, it breaks immersion within the game- Ark Survival Evolved, Atlas, Conan Exiles, 7 Days to Die, Minecraft- None of those Survival crafting games have this grid placement feature: I feel like what’s actually happening here is people got so used to something that they can’t do without it..

Hence why people want this grid placement, but for me and I’m certain others- having this huge ugly grid breaks immersion within the game.

I know that’s funny to say about a 2D cartoon Character, but.. I like to be fully enveloped into the world I’m playing within when I play games and certain things break that immersion.

For example I LOVED the Batman Arkham Games, they felt gritty, mature and realistic, there’s a new Batman game coming out in October, however Enemies dropping colored gear on the floor like a freaking Borderlands game already turns me off playing the new game.

And so long story short: if this was EVER added to Console version of DST, make it completely OPTIONAL so I don’t have to always look at that ugly immersion breaking grid while trying to place things.

Thank You :wilson_love:

Archived