Thoughts on character's voice instruments playing whilst walking?

So I made a Reddit post a few hours ago and thought I would post this on here too, I really love the way the characters interact with the world but I think it is a shame that their voice get cut off when walking. This ruins immersion for me and having to purposefully not move just to hear their voices is a shame because they are well made and well implemented but realistically not a lot of people are stopping just to hear them. Sometimes I go for tens of minutes and even more without even hearing them talk whereas the text pops up on screen.
So yeah i thought this would be a good place to post this and i hope it is a worthy suggestion, and if anyone has any alternatives such as mods or what-so-ever please tell me, thanks!

15 hours ago, . . . said:

I think it would be bad unless there mouths actually moved while talking because my ocd would kill me, but if the mouth did move then I'd be all for it

Yeah definitely, it would be uncanny if it didn't. I'm just a bit upset that the only talking animation is for when the character is facing forwards whilst idle.

6 hours ago, John Bloodborne said:

Yeah definitely, it would be uncanny if it didn't. I'm just a bit upset that the only talking animation is for when the character is facing forwards whilst idle.

ya, it would be great if their mouths could move in any animation while talking :D

7 hours ago, sylvia wander o said:

I wouldn't like this personally. I have difficulty focusing when the character voice is playing, so I always walk right after examining things to cancel it.

That's understandable, preferably Klei could add a toggle to turn this feature off and on perhaps? I don't know I'm just suggesting.

17 hours ago, sylvia wander o said:

I wouldn't like this personally. I have difficulty focusing when the character voice is playing, so I always walk right after examining things to cancel it.

I think it could work if they had an option (which every player can configure in their settings) to make their characters only talk when in the talk animation or have an option for them to talk in any animation, but only if Klei can make their mouths move in any animation.

Which I dunno how feasible it is for Klei to do since they have millions of skins for their characters, but I actually got something like this to work for my own mod characters because I just swap their face symbols to talking versions while talking so it looks they talk in any animation with fully expressive mouths and it does add a nice immersion to the game :wilson_blush:

Archived