A Walter pitch

So I was holding off on posting this due to the potential of a major/minor Walter change that might make this post obsolete but I've decided to just go with it so lately I've felt out of touch with what people consider balanced in dst and because of that I've had trouble deciding on a concrete idea on how Walter's slingshot should be handled and honestly I'm not sure if this is a good idea but here goes nothing.

What if we deleted cursed rounds and replaced it with a upgraded slingshot called a cursed slingshot made from ruins it would add a base 20 damage with the added chance of spawning shadow tentacles like cursed rounds but they'd deal 10 damage instead this would apply to all ammo types aside from poop pellets, freeze rounds, and slowdown rounds.

I would appreciate if people kept responses to legitimate discussion on where they stand with this idea or how it could be improved. 

upgraded slingshot is an interesting way to resolve the issue, although i don't entirely agree with execution. 

a straight damage buff would benefit weaker ammo the most, which is just kinda weird, also if we do go with damage buff, at least make it 17 instead of 20 so we have smooth progression (17-34-51 turn into 34-51-68)

I feel like having an upgraded slingshot rather than just having ammo be the upgraded thing would be good, especially since it would stop Walter's using as much thulecite fragments while also giving them more reason to go to the ruins since a slingshot is more worthwhile than just another ammo.

In whatever form the upgraded slingshot takes, it should have durability tho even if the durability is high at like 600 uses, thats 10stacks of ammo. It shouldnt be a one time upgrade...

I feel like we should have atleast two new slingshots, maybe instead of the cursed slingshot make it a shadow slingshot prototyped with shadow manipulator with the boosted damage you stated and we keep the cursed rounds as they are.

Then for the second slingshot make it a fast firing slingshot requiring a full ancient station to craft as alot of people complain about the fire rate of slingshot. But i believe for it to balanced since kiting will be super easy using it, nothing less than making it an ancient craft using gems would be make it too easy to obtain hence unbalanced.

1 hour ago, Gashzer said:

In whatever form the upgraded slingshot takes, it should have durability tho even if the durability is high at like 600 uses, thats 10stacks of ammo. It shouldnt be a one time upgrade...

I can't agree Walter has a level of resource investment far beyond any other character for a weapon that is mediocre in nearly every scenario it I can't see anyone willing to pick this over blowdarts with Walter even more so if it requires precious resources while far more powerful perks do not it needs to be a permanent upgrade unless it's not a character perk especially in a multiplayer game it's the same reason I relented on wickerbottom requiring a iridescent gem for her moon book.

1 hour ago, Gashzer said:

Then for the second slingshot make it a fast firing slingshot

Personally I'm still not in favor of making the slingshot faster despite wanting it buffed.

he should be able to upgrade his slightshot in the ruins with some expensive material, permanent upgrade no durability but instead of damage increase to improve the speed at which he starts firing, a DPS increase without changes to the numbers

the materials should require one eye deer horn, regular slingshot, orange gem and pig skin (basically the base, the elastic and a pretty rock)

1 hour ago, chincer said:

he should be able to upgrade his slightshot in the ruins with some expensive material, permanent upgrade no durability but instead of damage increase to improve the speed at which he starts firing, a DPS increase without changes to the numbers

the materials should require one eye deer horn, regular slingshot, orange gem and pig skin (basically the base, the elastic and a pretty rock)

How is time space manipulation and controlling the laws of nature cheaper than making a decent slingshot...

Poor Walter can never catch a break it's a wonder he can stay so optimistic... :cry: 

1 hour ago, Capybara007 said:

Ranged weapons overall should not give stun to enemies, or at least once they get stunned by a projectile they should get stun inmunity for 4 seconds

i cannot understand why klei has not added this yet

Doing so would force them to make Walter's weapon fire faster which would probaly be hard to find a good balance to.

Archived